Sales Goals

applecali

Hi Everyone,

How many policies would you expect a brand new P&C/ Life Health agent to bind in their first month?

The goal I've been given is 3.

I work for a mid size independent agency.

Goals:
10 policies in month 2
15 policies in month 3
18 in month 4
20 in month 5
22 in month 6

Based on everyone's experience, are these goals too easy, too hard, about right? Thank you-

Hi Everyone,

How many policies would you expect a brand new P&C/ Life Health agent to bind in their first month?

The goal I've been given is 3.

I work for a mid size independent agency.

Goals:
10 policies in month 2
15 policies in month 3
18 in month 4
20 in month 5
22 in month 6

Based on everyone's experience, are these goals too easy, too hard, about right? Thank you-

What are those numbers based on?

You need to start with a marketing plan and work your numbers off a marketing plan. Those are hard goals it would seem because it doesn't seem like they're backed by anything within your control.

You're also all over the place. P&C, life, and health are all very different critters. In fact, each of those could be sliced down even further.

What do you plan on focusing on? What are your marketing plans?

Three policies in one month is nothing but once you get up to months 4-6 you better have a good source of leads/quotes to hit those numbers. Is your agency paying you a base salary?

You should have a marketing plan in place after the first few months of writing friends and family.

I should have been more detailed. I'm focusing entirely on commercial, just licensed to do everything else as it comes in.

I'm going after small stuff to start. Salons, landscapers, auto garages. Cold call visiting at least 10 places per day, getting x dates, working x dates. Also advertising on Facebook. That is my marketing plan at this point, mainly just canvassing. I'm also involved in centers of influence in the community.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also- I have about 20 ex-dates per month that I inherited and am working those.

Last edited:
Update:

So after my first 5 weeks...
I have 10 policies written. About $10,000 in premium... So I will make $500 off of that.

I think that is okay all things considered. I have 5 policies pending right now.

Back