"The Same Page" Thread

Once he said that he wanted to be a CFP, I knew he wasn't going to go in the direction of FE sales.

Nothing wrong with FE sales... but if someone wants to be a CFP, they're mindset is going in a different direction.

Once he said that he wanted to be a CFP, I knew he wasn't going to go in the direction of FE sales.

Nothing wrong with FE sales... but if someone wants to be a CFP, they're mindset is going in a different direction.

I know...just trying to make a point on the flip flopping. He was still talking about working FE last night, if Ben would forgive him for slapping him in the face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bo1d6dWO4

So you've given up on FE again?:err:

I think everyone hopes you succeed...I know I do.:)

I wouldnt say I've given up on FE, just that I was getting some heat to stop posting there since my thread derailed.

DHK has been absolutely paramount in guiding me and taking the time to figure out where I stand and what I want to do throughout all my ramblings.

From where everyone on this forum stands my relative timeline is travelling a lot faster from getting contacted by Waddell & Reed, to reaching out to me CFP colleague I interned at NMFN with, and then applying to Edward Jones. It was also during that tumultuous time I left AIL, and now apart from having only made a pittance of sales there, I am trying to find part time gigs to bring in some income while the Edward Jones interviews play out.

If it doesnt work out, then I will be right back to the beginning of this thread. Not interested in AIL, but having a Life and Health Insurance producers license. Then, maybe, I'll be right back to the FE forums.

If it comes to that, then I'm going to pawn half my stuff to get E&O, Leads, and contracts :D

1.) My Overall strategy is to serve middle class families and small businesses achieve financial their desired level financial security. 2.) My tactics and plan to accomplish this will be meeting with people and gaining 25 qualified prospects a day. I will meet with each client and find out what tools I have will best meet their needs and goals. That's basically what I came up with to answer your question and I know EJ wants 25 people to agree to future business when I first start door knocking. I'm familiar with SWOT analysis and have done them before. I'll do one again to be updated for me in the new year
It is not too hard to get a job with EJ, you really have to mess it up. Having said that, if you know they want 25 why not give them more than that?

On a different note I was applying to be a broker in Atlanta with a notable firm. They gave a Ben Affleck Boiler Room speech and backed it up with pay stubs and all other kinds of stuff.

Then the lead broker went around the room asking about education. Person after person proudly stated they had Bachelor degrees and where they came from. It got to me, I was eager and ready. I'm KGH with an MBA blah blah blah. The manger slammed his hand on the table and the room went quite. He tells me "I don't like to hire people with MBA's. I want ditch diggers, I have never seen an MBA who wanted to dig ditches seven days a week. Why should I waste my time on you."

There is more to that story but the point is EJ wants the same thing, people to roll up their sleeves and dig some ditches.

It is not too hard to get a job with EJ, you really have to mess it up. Having said that, if you know they want 25 why not give them more than that? On a different note I was applying to be a broker in Atlanta with a notable firm. They gave a Ben Affleck Boiler Room speech and backed it up with pay stubs and all other kinds of stuff. Then the lead broker went around the room asking about education. Person after person proudly stated they had Bachelor degrees and where they came from. It got to me, I was eager and ready. I'm KGH with an MBA blah blah blah. The manger slammed his hand on the table and the room went quite. He tells me "I don't like to hire people with MBA's. I want ditch diggers, I have never seen an MBA who wanted to dig ditches seven days a week. Why should I waste my time on you." There is more to that story but the point is EJ wants the same thing, people to roll up their sleeves and dig some ditches.

^^ That sounds like an epic story! Seriously though, education doesn't mean much in this business...

----------

Okay... you have a tendency to ramble and mention things that don't really apply anymore, so you need to work on that. I know what you mean by "advanced" fact-finding for high-level income earners. It's like "Joe Lunchbucket" is too unsophisticated to get help from an agent from agencies like this. And they tend to talk over people's heads only to the person who is "financially clued in". I'm going to give you some homework. Read this article: Where Can You Find and Make The Most Money? And this one for new agents: http://www.insuranceproshop.com/NewAgents/ And read this thread, if you haven't already: http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/getting-started-selling-insurance/guidance-new-life-agents-t29999.html Watch these video clips: "Trusted Advisor Success Training" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p30UhdUsOA "Be a Real Financial Planner" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwviP-yIuTw If you like what you're reading and viewing... then you need to CALL the Insurance Pro Shop and get some help from these guys. They are MY mentors. They'll help set you straight because you don't just need a system. You need a mentor. They'll either charge you for mentoring later on, or you buy a system and get 3 months of coaching initially. Either way, I think this is the direction you want to head in.

DHK when did you start your new mentor program?? You deserve an over ride on this kid.

Back