"The Same Page" Thread

The reason for the SWOT analysis... is to help you take a step back and see yourself first... before diving head first into this business.

Second... learn how to do a search on the forums. The Edward Jones door knocking script is here (copied from another forum I happened to know) as well as door-to-door surveys and plenty of other scripts.

Part of your sounding amateurish, is because you don't know how to look things up for yourself. Learn to use the search function instead of having everyone else search FOR you. There's a LOT on these forums... but you have to find the answers yourself.

If you cannot do that... you WILL fail. No question about it.

The reason for the SWOT analysis... is to help you take a step back and see yourself first... before diving head first into this business.

Second... learn how to do a search on the forums. The Edward Jones door knocking script is here (copied from another forum I happened to know) as well as door-to-door surveys and plenty of other scripts.

Part of your sounding amateurish, is because you don't know how to look things up for yourself. Learn to use the search function instead of having everyone else search FOR you. There's a LOT on these forums... but you have to find the answers yourself.

If you cannot do that... you WILL fail. No question about it.

aww man. After all these interweb years I fell prey to the one thing I haven't done in forever and that's not using the search function. Guess that's what I get for posting before my usual pot of coffee!

aww man. After all these interweb years I fell prey to the one thing I haven't done in forever and that's not using the search function. Guess that's what I get for posting before my usual pot of coffee!

Let me tell you a little secret. Ben will still train you. He's just testing you to see how driven you are. You need to just show up on his front porch and door knock him and report for training. He would love nothing more than spending a week or two with you so you can see if FE is something to put on your short list.

Now if comes on here and says no he's not kidding and don't show up and might even call me a few names, that's just all part of the test. Don't back down.

Let me tell you a little secret. Ben will still train you. He's just testing you to see how driven you are. You need to just show up on his front porch and door knock him and report for training. He would love nothing more than spending a week or two with you so you can see if FE is something to put on your short list.

Now if comes on here and says no he's not kidding and don't show up and might even call me a few names, that's just all part of the test. Don't back down.

I would still love to meet with Ben. I mentioned that I had no idea of his intentions to meet with me in BHam until after I was contacted by W&R and then put in my application to EJ.

I have tried contacting him again, but with no luck. I really wish everyone didn't view my actions as a slap in the face. I had not heard anything about meeting with Ben for over 2 weeks so "out of sight out of mind" I mean I know it was my job to be proactive about getting with him and I have sent him messages asking where I could meet him in Missouri, which was before W&R contacted me and before I spoke with my CFP friend to apply at EJ. After all that, I found out he had tried to call me and had plans for me to meet him in BHam. All of which I would have cleared my schedule for, begged for gas money from my fiance, and drove to BHam.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 I have not yet interviewed with W&R, I will interview for the practice, but thanks to DHK, these forums, wealthmanagement.com forums, and the words of my colleague at LPL Financial I will not be accepting a position with Waddell & Reed.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11;49 AM CST I have applied to Edward Jones and I am in the middle of their interview process. My first phone screen is on Tuesday at 11 am. At which point I will still have an interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, a "day in the life" assessment, then they make a decision. After that, it's 17 weeks of training. Some of you have mentioned that getting securities licensed is difficult, "professional handcuffs" so I can still back out now, but I need to pick something and stick to it.

As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11:53 am CST I would love nothing more than to learn from Ben how to be an independent.

"Thinking" and "Intelligence" are two WAY overrated character traits in the insurance business.

Typically, the more thinking, the less "DOING," which is the ultimate determining factor to success.

It's simple; take ONE product you like and believe in, and focus on talking to the profile of people that would most likely fit that product the best.

Believe in protecting a senior's family from her burial costs? Sell final expense insurance. Prefer to help protect seniors' assets from the high cost of medical expenses? Sell Medicare Supplements.

You get the picture; get yourself behind something you LIKE and BELIEVE in.

If you're broke? Walk into thirty businesses daily, and ask for 5 minute appointments to show him how you help business owners with their life insurance needs.

Business owners are EASY to approach, have sympathy for the salesman with the GUTS to walk in cold and most likely will hear you out (as they "get" that sales is tough work), and most rarely if EVER have a life insurance agent talk with them.

Point is... thinking time is OVER. Get to work already!

I would still love to meet with Ben. I mentioned that I had no idea of his intentions to meet with me in BHam until after I was contacted by W&R and then put in my application to EJ. I have tried contacting him again, but with no luck. I really wish everyone didn't view my actions as a slap in the face. I had not heard anything about meeting with Ben for over 2 weeks so "out of sight out of mind" I mean I know it was my job to be proactive about getting with him and I have sent him messages asking where I could meet him in Missouri, which was before W&R contacted me and before I spoke with my CFP friend to apply at EJ. After all that, I found out he had tried to call me and had plans for me to meet him in BHam. All of which I would have cleared my schedule for, begged for gas money from my fiance, and drove to BHam. As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 I have not yet interviewed with W&R, I will interview for the practice, but thanks to DHK, these forums, wealthmanagement.com forums, and the words of my colleague at LPL Financial I will not be accepting a position with Waddell & Reed. As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11;49 AM CST I have applied to Edward Jones and I am in the middle of their interview process. My first phone screen is on Tuesday at 11 am. At which point I will still have an interview, create a business plan, another phone interview, a "day in the life" assessment, then they make a decision. After that, it's 17 weeks of training. Some of you have mentioned that getting securities licensed is difficult, "professional handcuffs" so I can still back out now, but I need to pick something and stick to it. As it stands on this Sunday March 15, 2015 @ 11:53 am CST I would love nothing more than to learn from Ben how to be an independent.

I think we have a love story unfolding on the forums!!! Grab yer popcorn folks. David, as of Sunday at 11:53AM Central Standard Time would love nothing more than to meet up with Ben and see if the sparks fly...

Sounds like Catfish maybe???

I think we have a love story unfolding on the forums!!! Grab yer popcorn folks. David, as of Sunday at 11:53AM Central Standard Time would love nothing more than to meet up with Ben and see if the sparks fly...

Sounds like Catfish maybe???

Ben does seem to have that affect on people...must be that "Mississippi Charm".:twitchy:

Back