Self Starter Looking for a Mentor...

cartemj06

I just left a career in outside sales due to the restructuring of the company. I was told to look into insurance since I like sales so much and that landed me here. I have been reading almost non-stop for two weeks about this business and I want to get started. I have people waiting to work with me when I get my feet under me.

I have been interviewing with a recruiter/office manager at a captive agency that an acquaintance of mine was a previous agent with. I think that things may have changed from what she remembers(retired in '09), but I am getting the idea that I am being set up to get churned/burned. The cheese keeps moving, the process is really convoluted and I feel like information is being withheld intentionally.

The general consensus here is that most of the career shops are churn and burn outfits. I am also not ready to be under a micromanaging sales manager, my last position was very independent outside sales. That being said, I am turned off by the idea of going captive. I am apprehensive about trying to go it alone without any mentoring or industry knowledge.

I am a self starter, highly motivated, educated and I have sales experience. I am not afraid to use my warm market and I believe in the product, but I am hesitant to hand them over to someone else. I am very protective of my relationships.

I am looking for a mentor who wouldn't mind showing someone the ropes of insurance. I am in south central PA, I want to do life, ltdi, ltci, fe.
I am open to oppurtunities and I know that your time is valuable, I won't waste it.

Newby,
Thank you for the reply.

Anyone else... Maybe an independent looking to add a producer?

Send me your number and I'll give up a call. I have someone that can help you. Independent brokerage that does full training one on one with agents and you still get direct contracts with high commissions.

Back