Sell Med Supps $$ to Get Started Break Even Point.

entrep1776, Chazm is correct if you want to start out as cheap as you can, get a list and cold call. Of course, you'll need some advice on that to begin with.

I'm also going to put a plug in for MedicareTraining101.com. Since we have now become the administrators for that site, you'll have access to us via chat or phone if you need to.

I hit that MT101 sit a few times with 'chat available' but no one was there.. This wasn't a one time thing - it was several. A couple of other times the site said, "offline" - but regardless, no one EVER answered when they were supposedly available.

This happened about two weeks ago within a three day period. I'm obviously looking into selling MS and there are a TON of outlets out there who claim top notch support/ training etc. So, try for yourself, maybe there's a change. But I would personally never go back simply because my trust has been lost.

Again, this is nothing against anyone personally..just my experience.

----------

Wowsers! alot to process.

Thank you for everyone's advice.

----------

Thanks. Seems like hard to pick who to go with. Someone said good things about Kellogg.....but now little different opinion.

----------

Thank you Lost Dollar for taking the time. Phew lot to process. Little overwhelming.

Already have:
Desktop
Printer/scanner
2005 Prius 40 mpg costs about 15 cents/mile! Can sleep in it if need be.

Questions:
Will my personal cell phone work for answering machine or do I need separate line?

Do I need tablet or laptop with internet access if I go to someone's home?

How much paper will I have to file? How long do I have to keep it?

----------

Thanks Matt. I should be able to fund without any advances. $400 times 40 weeks = $16,000 in leads. Then should be self sustaining (fingers crossed). What interest typically charged for advances?

If I don't take advances any chance/risk I wouldn't get paid?

re discounted classes. In Illinois, I have requirement to have a in classroom 8 hours for life and 8 hours for health. So found provider within 20 minutes. No hotel. I typically learn best in classroom.

----------

Thanks. I was able to get my car costs down around 15 cents a mile. 2005 Prius still looks decent to pull up to prospects' houses. Have vanity Air Force plates! 40 mpg. paid $3,575. Already made almost double the car cost back driving Uber. Made as much as car cost in 3 months. Very little depreciation racking up miles. Way better than 6 or 7 year loans on vehicles.

----------

Thanks Chazm for input. I feel more comfortable F2F, as I'm sure most do. I don't know how to answer question about buying leads/cold calling.

----------

Thanks Rick.
I feel I'm much stronger in person and don't mind knocking on doors. I don't mind spending money on quality leads.

I'm just worried /concerned that I spend lots of time/energy /money and I don't make my money back.

I'm very frugal and have worked pretty hard for my money. I'm worried, I spend $2k getting going and I'm not able to sell/prospect well enough to make my money back.

I think you just described the word: RISK.

I hit that MT101 sit a few times with 'chat available' but no one was there.. This wasn't a one time thing - it was several. A couple of other times the site said, "offline" - but regardless, no one EVER answered when they were supposedly available.

This happened about two weeks ago within a three day period. I'm obviously looking into selling MS and there are a TON of outlets out there who claim top notch support/ training etc. So, try for yourself, maybe there's a change. But I would personally never go back simply because my trust has been lost.

----------

Why would you need "chat support" to sign up for training?

Is it *really* that difficult?

We found there was indeed an issue. But there was and is a phone number if you'd like help. And you can always call me.

Rick

Yep and trying to figure out how to reduce RISK as much as possible.

You could bring it down to zero by getting a salaried job at an insurance agency. Of course the upside could be limited, but if you get a W-2 job you're guaranteed to make money.

You could bring it down to zero by getting a salaried job at an insurance agency. Of course the upside could be limited, but if you get a W-2 job you're guaranteed to make money.

I already have w-2 income. W-2 job is pretty flexible with how many hours a week I work. & pretty secure. aka zero risk with upside limited. I don't get paid a ton, but Pays the bills and I don't spend much so I end up with money left over each month. & I enjoy it 90% of the time.

Think Agency job would be worth it? Thinking no. But I started/failed a government construction business. I wish I would have worked/trained with someone else before going on my own. But maybe FMO support/this forum/online resources might be enough to be successful.

Another thread reminds me that another cost item is advertising give aways.

----------

NuUzr, I am sorry to hear that you had that issue with the Live Chat system. I combed through all the logs from the day we implemented on the site and I do not see any missed chats. Do you mind telling me possibly which email address you used during the chats? You can pm it to me if you'd like.

If there is an underlying issue of the chat not working I need to know about it. However, I just tested it and it is popping up fine. You do mean, Medicare Training 101 right?

----------

You may want to thicken up the derma a bit. If you bail on something you are looking for help from you will be very disappointed in the insurance world.

just my experience.

This is probably not a startup cost, but another potential cost I just saw in another thread is an 800 telephone number.

Back