Selling Insurance Over the Phone/online

tonyinatlanta

I am looking for advice on getting started selling insurance over the phone/online. I have been licensed for a little over a year now and have sold mortgage protection in person as well as Med supps and Final Exp. Prior to that I worked as a mortgage broker for about 10yrs and hardly ever met clients in person. Over the last year I have realized that I really DON'T enjoy driving all over the place and sitting at someone's kitchen table. I do like selling and I'm not afraid to pick up the phone, and I do think I have a good phone voice.

I have looked at the "Final Expense Telesales" group as well as Christopher Westfall's "Final Expense and Med Supp" sales by phone group. I am not 100% certain if either of these are the best option and am really looking for gudiance from anyone that has worked with them or any other organizations out there that are worth looking into. I am looking for a group that has good support/mentoring in place and something that is turn-key with regards to leads and scripting. I really don't want to have to re-invent the wheel or invent something from scratch. I do have some start up money to invest into getting it going and know that it will take a monthly budget to reinvest back in to the business for leads/technology and I am comfortable with that. I do need to get something going rather quickly and be able to see results pretty quickly as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Looks like you are in Ga. Call Bobby R. at 229-224-3277 or Joey F.at 229-221-5172. Tell em Greg from NC sent you their way.

Did you guys know that Foresters is going to have a voice signature application soon!!!!

I think that is the best news of the year!

You can't find a better company for FE and now you can actually sell them over the phone....

Anyone who wants a contract with them, let me know.

I am looking for advice on getting started selling insurance over the phone/online. I have been licensed for a little over a year now and have sold mortgage protection in person as well as Med supps and Final Exp. Prior to that I worked as a mortgage broker for about 10yrs and hardly ever met clients in person. Over the last year I have realized that I really DON'T enjoy driving all over the place and sitting at someone's kitchen table. I do like selling and I'm not afraid to pick up the phone, and I do think I have a good phone voice.

I have looked at the "Final Expense Telesales" group as well as Christopher Westfall's "Final Expense and Med Supp" sales by phone group. I am not 100% certain if either of these are the best option and am really looking for gudiance from anyone that has worked with them or any other organizations out there that are worth looking into. I am looking for a group that has good support/mentoring in place and something that is turn-key with regards to leads and scripting. I really don't want to have to re-invent the wheel or invent something from scratch. I do have some start up money to invest into getting it going and know that it will take a monthly budget to reinvest back in to the business for leads/technology and I am comfortable with that. I do need to get something going rather quickly and be able to see results pretty quickly as well.

Any help greatly appreciated.

I am having great success selling Med Supps over the phone. Final Expense is a lot easier to cross sell to a new Med Supp client than it is prospecting just for FE. I also do it without having to purchase "leads". My training includes my telephone presentation, coaching and unlimited support.

If you are interested give me a call anytime.

Frank, has it slowed down any since it's the end of December?

I keep hearing from agents that they need to refocus on FE now that December is almost over?

I thought Med Sup was a year round gig? Why are agents struggling to find prospects to talk to?

They are going to test their new phone application with a couple of IMO's and then, once free of glitches, it's going to be released to all agents. It sounded like they are going to open it up to everyone quite soon.

I can't wait!

This will change the FE phone sales market place!

Frank, has it slowed down any since it's the end of December?

I keep hearing from agents that they need to refocus on FE now that December is almost over?

I thought Med Sup was a year round gig? Why are agents struggling to find prospects to talk to?

For me Med Supps have never "slowed down". Med Supps can be sold 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Maybe agents are "struggling" because they are looking in all the wrong places, going about it the wrong way or maybe they aren't spending enough time looking.

Although I have sold a lot of FE, I have never prospected for it. I couldn't imaging prospecting only for FE. It is so much easier to cross sell to Med Supp clients who the agent has just saved money for.

Med Supps are the only kind of insurance I know of that when I write an app my new client has more money "in their pocket" than they did before they talked to me. It doesn't get any easier than that.

I'd say he's referring to Medicare Advantage.

For me Med Supps have never "slowed down". Med Supps can be sold 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Maybe agents are "struggling" because they are looking in all the wrong places, going about it the wrong way or maybe they aren't spending enough time looking.

Although I have sold a lot of FE, I have never prospected for it. I couldn't imaging prospecting only for FE. It is so much easier to cross sell to Med Supp clients who the agent has just saved money for.

Med Supps are the only kind of insurance I know of that when I write an app my new client has more money "in their pocket" than they did before they talked to me. It doesn't get any easier than that.

No, I'm referring to Med Supps.

I know it's a year end product and that is why I'm surprised agents are acting as if they are done with the Med Supps for the year and turning back to FE.

Maybe it's a cash flow problem?

I know a lot of guys get addicted to the fast, upfront cash, rather than spreading it out over 6 years?

I don't know.... just curious if Frank had any idea?

I know he is always doing well with Med Supps.

Back