Selling Medicare Supps and Life, Annuities & LTC

Hi All

I am a new agent, having recently signed on with Mass Mutual.Like most starting out, I am looking for an area of focus. Is it common for agents to sell Medicare Supps/ Advantage to get a foot in the door and also offer Life Insurance products?

Although MM management is not crazy about the idea, It seems like offering Annuities and Long Term Care through MM would be a good idea to the T65 segment.

Appreciate your feedback

I wouldn't imo if you are with Mass. Their products aren't really situated for the older people unless they're maxfunding life insurance, and even then they need solid health and understanding of the concept.
Since they pulled their ltc for indy's, I wouldn't rely on that either to be the door opener OR the final product to push if you happened to get in the door using med supps. And Mass' annuities suck so pushing them would be a disservice imo to your clients.
Like I said, with Mass it's white collar jobs and business owners...

I wouldn't imo if you are with Mass. Their products aren't really situated for the older people unless they're maxfunding life insurance, and even then they need solid health and understanding of the concept.
Since they pulled their ltc for indy's, I wouldn't rely on that either to be the door opener OR the final product to push if you happened to get in the door using med supps. And Mass' annuities suck so pushing them would be a disservice imo to your clients.
Like I said, with Mass it's white collar jobs and business owners...

So what I hear you saying is to get away from Mass? :D

Thanks for the replies - the objective here is to build up my contacts and get referrals for family/friends of the T65 segment that would be a good fit for MM products, which I think are pretty good- time will tell of course. Im also looking into FE

What's everyone's thoughts about going with a F.M.O (Financial Marketing Organization)? They do all the work with the Medicare providers and provide
support services for the agent.

I am comparing a few and they seem pretty much to offer the same. Except one offers leads if you reach a certain level of production.

Any advice and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for picking up on this.

-rko153

What's everyone's thoughts about going with a F.M.O (Financial Marketing Organization)? They do all the work with the Medicare providers and provide
support services for the agent.

I am comparing a few and they seem pretty much to offer the same. Except one offers leads if you reach a certain level of production.

Any advice and feedback is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for picking up on this.

-rko153

Do you mean 1FMO out of Orlando, off of Semoran?

If so, I use them and it's a good outfit for an fmo. They have most plans you need and can get supplies from them and they do a lot of training while not giving up any commissions.

I only have a couple of contracts with them, the 2 that I couldn't get with Premier senior marketing. I'd rather use premier because they give a DM lead discount when writing 5 and 10 apps.

Back