Selling Supplemental Insurance

-------------------------

You're talk'n indie correct?
Aflac, Colonial and American general?
Want to turn key off of our health clients.
How about some ph. #'s?

Thanks, but I was just making an assertion that it's possible to make a living selling only supplements and build a good renewal stream. I've gotten too involved with other products now to ever go back to doing just supplements, unless that's the only thing available.

The only cancer and accident policies that I market are AG's, but I have worked with current clients that had the other carrier's policies and assisted them with understanding them in terms of their benefits.

Hi I am considering joining Colonial to sell suplemental ins B2B. I am new to the industry, I have a mortgage backround. Any advice? Thanks

Colonial is top notch, I've been with them a little over a year now. Like any other insurance be prepared to work your butt off, this ain't easy.....at all.

Thanks, but I was just making an assertion that it's possible to make a living selling only supplements and build a good renewal stream. I've gotten too involved with other products now to ever go back to doing just supplements, unless that's the only thing available.

The only cancer and accident policies that I market are AG's, but I have worked with current clients that had the other carrier's policies and assisted them with understanding them in terms of their benefits.

How does the CBL Ci policy and the AG Ci policy compare? Why one over the other?

A friend of mine has been selling supplement plans for 15 yrs knocking on doors. He is ex Combined agent thats gone indy.
He brags that he has never pick up the phone to set an appointment or spent a dime on marketing.

He is one of those guys like Mark who is a constant sellling machine on 24/7. This guy see's opportunity everywhere. I've seen him write apps in front of my home to a couple guys working on the road , waitresses, a guy at the filling station pumping gas.

No secret to his success, he starts out every day talking to as many people as possible residental, small business owners anyone that will give him 5 minutes.

Labman - are you still with Colonial and making money? I have an offer from them. I'm definitely not going with Aflac. ChrisB

Aflac isn't just the problem. Selling supplemental is the problem. People need it, but it's not what people really need! They need Health first, then supplemental. There are too many companies knocking on the same businesses trying to sell supplemental. I've been with Aflac over a year and have over 30 accounts. But i'm still broke. Not enough commission or businesses that want to do any supplemental. Go with Health and then supplemental.

I am not sure how to start a thread.

I was reading someone said to stay away from Aflac.

I am wondering why is that?

And is that why I am having a hard time getting appointment?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What is the best insurance to sell?

Last edited:
I am not sure how to start a thread.

I was reading someone said to stay away from Aflac.

I am wondering why is that?

And is that why I am having a hard time getting appointment?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What is the best insurance to sell?

Aflac is hard when going door to door & the owner or gatekeeper says "you're the 5th Aflac agent in here this week". It gets very discouraging. The area I live in is pretty much saturated with Aflac agents. When you can't get accounts, you have to go further out from your home area. That would be ok if you had people that were interested or if you had appointments but when you only get commission, expenses add up quickly.

I think the best insurance to sell is what interests you or what you have become good at. I think being captive for the first few years can help you find your niche.

What kind of marketing do you feel is the best to set up insurance appointments for Aflac?
(running ads on the internet, social marketing sites, phone calls, flyers, events,etc)

Back