Selling Supplemental Insurance

What kind of marketing do you feel is the best to set up insurance appointments for Aflac?
(running ads on the internet, social marketing sites, phone calls, flyers, events,etc)

None of the above. Knock on doors, use your knowledge, expertise and charm. That is going to be the most successful way for any woman or man.

Or, leave AFLAC and learn how to prospect and generate your own leads.

What kind of marketing do you feel is the best to set up insurance appointments for Aflac?
(running ads on the internet, social marketing sites, phone calls, flyers, events,etc)

Walk-Ins and/or phoning for appointments. No easy way. I would shy away from AFLAC, tough way to grind out a living. AFLAC also realizes the saturation problem and as a result, is now pursuing brokers to sell their book of business (similar to Colonial).

I'm interested in finding out the in's & out's of selling supplemental insurance (accident/cancer/critical illness, etc...).

Do you have to sell face-to-face or can it be done by phone/internet?

Do you have to lead with a health or life product?

How do you find your prospects and what method(s) do you use to market to them?

Is it possible to make a decent living just selling these products?

Any other helpful information would be great. Thanks in advance.

I can't figure out how to start a post here, so I have to piggy-back. I have an offer from PMA_USA/Wash Nat'l to sell these, but as a life, and ACA/health guy, I can't see much value in their policies. Lots of exclusions and conditions, and a high price point for the return of premium feature. Anyone else see this differently? Thank you.

I can't figure out how to start a post here, so I have to piggy-back. I have an offer from PMA_USA/Wash Nat'l to sell these, but as a life, and ACA/health guy, I can't see much value in their policies. Lots of exclusions and conditions, and a high price point for the return of premium feature. Anyone else see this differently? Thank you.

If you see little value in them, you would not sell them. If I don't believe in a specific product or line of products, I do not or will not sell them. Quite simple.

That's the problem I'm facing - but - I also know almost nothing about health Supps. One other poster elsewhere suggested that most cancer policies have tons of exclusions and limitations.

Aflac is hard when going door to door & the owner or gatekeeper says "you're the 5th Aflac agent in here this week". It gets very discouraging. The area I live in is pretty much saturated with Aflac agents. When you can't get accounts, you have to go further out from your home area. That would be ok if you had people that were interested or if you had appointments but when you only get commission, expenses add up quickly.

I think the best insurance to sell is what interests you or what you have become good at. I think being captive for the first few years can help you find your niche.

I truly agree. Starting captive has brought me to where I am today. I know what I will an WILL NOT accept. It also helps me evaluate WHO or what type of personality I will deal with. It's empowering!:yes:

Back