Some State Farm Question

squeed

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I've been selling for the last 15 years, but not insurance. My industry is dying, and with the current economy, it is even worse than normal. Before I become a victim of another layoff at my company, I've decided to change my career.

I like cold calling, like real cold calling when you don't have a lead, but you just pick up the phone and call someone. Weird I guess.

My questions are this :

1. How much money do decent State Farm agents make in their first year ?

2. Since a State Farm agent position is 100% commission based, do they have any transition plan to help people that are not starting their first job but leaving a good paying job to become an agent ?

3. What are the chances that State Farm will accept someone who has no insurance selling experience and no insurance or financial credentials, yet has 15 years of selling other products experience ?

4. Do you think that AllState is a better organization than State Farm ?

5. If you have 15 years of sales experience and you like cold calling, is being an insurance agent for State Farm something that is a good fit ?

6. I would rather sell to strangers than friends and family, is that going to be an issue when starting out ?

7. What is your first month on the job like ?

8. State Farm has internships ? I'm not a college student, so is an Agent Internship different than a typical internship ?

I'm looking forward to your answers.

-S

I highly recommend that you call State Farm and ask them these questions. I'm sure they would be glad to answer all of your questions.

Have you ever thought about not going captive and going independent?

If you will call me, I will try and answer some of your common questions about being an insurance agents.

877-968-5757

For a split second I thought of that, but I don't know a single thing about selling insurance. I have a ton of sales experience, and have no problem prospecting for business.

However, I have no insurance certifications, and no clue on anything about the insurance business. So I don't think that I have a choice but to go captive where I will get a ton of guidance.

Maybe I'm not thinking about it the right way. I'll give you a call tomorrow, but if you're on tonight a reply post would be great to my thoughts above.

-S

In life all you do is sell your name. When you help people it will always come back to you. I'm willing to help anyone with ideas, prospecting systems or anyway that I can.

My agenda is for people to talk good about me and even to also to want to join my team and also want to contract with some of my Life Insurance Companies. But you don't have to ever contract with me, for me to help you. I also try and place a lot of my ideas on the forum so that it may help some of you.

Rosenthal Financial Services, LLC. <--- Here is my Free Living Will Prospecting System.

http://rosenthalfinancialservices.com/info9.php <--- This page has a lot of my ideas on it.

Welcome Insurance Agents-RFS AUDIO TAPES <--- This has a lot of my audio tapes on it.

Mark your "Clients That Already Have Insurance Tape" is really great! Being that the company that is being discussed doesn't offer that the guaranteed UL really makes me second guess what I'm selling in a since. But this can also be a great marketing tool once I decide to go independent. By the way I will probably listen to all your tapes when I return home later today!

Good Stuff!

Most of the TICA's starting with SF lately are being given a monthly allowance of 10-$12,000. They are expected, however, to spend large amounts on advertising and purchased leads.

A big part of your success will depend on two things..... your work ethic and the market area. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and does the market area allow for a new agent. If the area has had new SF agents added in the past few yrs, they will have worked the area pretty hard.

You will be expected to produce sales in Securities and Banking which are areas that do not generate much income for the Agent. The P & C are the bread and butter for the agent.

irjack
30+ yr SF Agent

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST STATE FARM MUTUAL AUTOMOBILE
INSURANCE COMPANY

Friday, July 13, 2012: State Farm Agent, Jack Tahanian filed a lawsuit today in Los Angeles County Superior Court against State Farm Mutual Insurance Company. The lawsuit accuses State Farm of fraud and deceit in the way the company presented its “new market” business model. In addition to the fraud claims, Tahanian’s lawsuit makes additional claims under California’s Unfair Competition Law.

John Fisher, one of Tahanian’s attorneys says “There are an estimated 3000 “new market” or “scratch” agents suffering under the extremely adverse conditions created by State Farm’s scheme. This estimated number doesn’t reflect a larger number of agents whose contracts have been terminated by State Farm, or who had to completely walk away from their agency due to the detrimental impact of the State
Farm agent contract.”

"The number of adversely affected agents we have been in contact with in the last several weeks is extraordinary. Hundreds of agents from all over the United States and Canada are in desperate financial trouble and are seeking relief from State Farm’s schemes. Many of these agents have suffered severe financial ruin, and have been forced to either seek protection by filing for bankruptcy protection, or are on the verge of doing so. The similarities in each of their stories of their treatment are strikingly similar. This program is a shocking failure and State Farm continues to promote it in a positive light, knowing full well they are dooming the vast majority of these men and women to financial ruin. It is truly a disgrace to the company’s long history of commitment to its agents. It’s also a disgrace to the legacy of a company that once represented the elite in insurance agency opportunities” said Fisher.

Fisher is working within a network of law firms who specialize in large scale, national litigation such as these cases. The key attorney in the case is Archie Lamb of Birmingham, Alabama. Lamb has spent numerous weeks meeting with agents all over the United States and Canada listening to their desperate circumstances.
Lamb’s national practice is focused on mass torts and class-actions. Lamb previously represented the California Medical Association and numerous other medical societies against the HMO industry. Lamb and Fisher are also collaborating on the State Farm case with The Sizemore Firm out of El Segundo and the Whatley Kallas Firm out of New York City.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]All agents are encouraged to contact this group with any and all questions regarding a potential claim at 1-205-324-4644. You can also send email inquiries to johnfisher *at* tuscaloosa-lawyers dot com or alamb *at* archielamb dot com.All calls and inquiries will be kept confidential.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]LAWSUITS FILED AGAINST STATE FARM MUTUAL AUTOMOBILE
INSURANCE COMPANY

Friday, July 13, 2012: State Farm Agent, Jack Tahanian filed a lawsuit today in Los Angeles County Superior Court against State Farm Mutual Insurance Company. The lawsuit accuses State Farm of fraud and deceit in the way the company presented its “new market” business model. In addition to the fraud claims, Tahanian’s lawsuit makes additional claims under California’s Unfair Competition Law.

John Fisher, one of Tahanian’s attorneys says “There are an estimated 3000 “new market” or “scratch” agents suffering under the extremely adverse conditions created by State Farm’s scheme. This estimated number doesn’t reflect a larger number of agents whose contracts have been terminated by State Farm, or who had to completely walk away from their agency due to the detrimental impact of the State
Farm agent contract.”

"The number of adversely affected agents we have been in contact with in the last several weeks is extraordinary. Hundreds of agents from all over the United States and Canada are in desperate financial trouble and are seeking relief from State Farm’s schemes. Many of these agents have suffered severe financial ruin, and have been forced to either seek protection by filing for bankruptcy protection, or are on the verge of doing so. The similarities in each of their stories of their treatment are strikingly similar. This program is a shocking failure and State Farm continues to promote it in a positive light, knowing full well they are dooming the vast majority of these men and women to financial ruin. It is truly a disgrace to the company’s long history of commitment to its agents. It’s also a disgrace to the legacy of a company that once represented the elite in insurance agency opportunities” said Fisher.

Fisher is working within a network of law firms who specialize in large scale, national litigation such as these cases. The key attorney in the case is Archie Lamb of Birmingham, Alabama. Lamb has spent numerous weeks meeting with agents all over the United States and Canada listening to their desperate circumstances.
Lamb’s national practice is focused on mass torts and class-actions. Lamb previously represented the California Medical Association and numerous other medical societies against the HMO industry. Lamb and Fisher are also collaborating on the State Farm case with The Sizemore Firm out of El Segundo and the Whatley Kallas Firm out of New York City.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]All agents are encouraged to contact this group with any and all questions regarding a potential claim at 1-205-324-4644. You can also send email inquiries to johnfisher *at* tuscaloosa-lawyers dot com or alamb *at* archielamb dot com.All calls and inquiries will be kept confidential.[/FONT]

RollTodd, are you an ex-State Farm agent or an attorney?

Back