South Florida Fresh Meat

ONAMISSION

Hello All:

I am on the verge of a career change and am heavily looking into the insurance career path. I am in my late 20's and have sales management and business development experience in B2C as well as B2B.

I have been exploring the forum for the past couple weeks to get an understanding of the industry through a realistic point of view and i am extremely grateful for the forum admin as well as each of you that pay it forward to help out and provide your input to fresh meat like myself. This is very helpful for someone like me, since i don't currently have that "mentor" in the industry.

Now, i have really been looking for an answer on which direction i should be heading in to. I am an extremely motivated and ambitious person that is good at dealing directly with individuals as well as C-Level Executives. Although i am eager to earn a 6 figures as soon as possible, i am not looking to jump into a get rich quick situation, as i would like to set up a path that would provide me with a sustainable growing future. Although i have contacts that i will reach out to, I would also like to avoid secluding myself to only getting sales through personal contacts.

I wanted to give you a little vision of where my head is at so that you can give the best direction for me. I would really appreciate your honesty and help with this.

Based on what i have spilled out, which market would you suggest to be good to get into as newby in South Florida?

Thank you in advance for your guidance on this as it will really help me out.

Are you considering P&C or L&H licensing?

What market or prospect profile do you have the greatest access to and can see yourself succeeding with? (Notice I said access to... not the profile you want to sell to.)

Do you see yourself selling "senior" products like FE and Med Supp?

Do you see yourself selling "families" products like term life, disability, critical illness, and perhaps permanent life insurance?

Do you see yourself selling to "retirees" products like annuities, life insurance, and long-term care?

Or if you're in P&C, do you see yourself selling homeowners? or commercial?

Describe that prospect profile:
- Age Range
- Household Income
- Marital status
- Children?
- Geography
- Homeowner status

What are the common problems this profile has that you can see yourself addressing over time with your products, services, skills, and knowledge?

We can address skill development later. But I'm a firm believer that YOU have to determine the best market for YOU... and no one else.

Hello All:

I am on the verge of a career change and am heavily looking into the insurance career path. I am in my late 20's and have sales management and business development experience in B2C as well as B2B.

I have been exploring the forum for the past couple weeks to get an understanding of the industry through a realistic point of view and i am extremely grateful for the forum admin as well as each of you that pay it forward to help out and provide your input to fresh meat like myself. This is very helpful for someone like me, since i don't currently have that "mentor" in the industry.

Now, i have really been looking for an answer on which direction i should be heading in to. I am an extremely motivated and ambitious person that is good at dealing directly with individuals as well as C-Level Executives. Although i am eager to earn a 6 figures as soon as possible, i am not looking to jump into a get rich quick situation, as i would like to set up a path that would provide me with a sustainable growing future. Although i have contacts that i will reach out to, I would also like to avoid secluding myself to only getting sales through personal contacts.

I wanted to give you a little vision of where my head is at so that you can give the best direction for me. I would really appreciate your honesty and help with this.

Based on what i have spilled out, which market would you suggest to be good to get into as newby in South Florida?

Thank you in advance for your guidance on this as it will really help me out.

Hello,

I am a South Florida agent in my 30's who has experience with both side of the industry and would be happy to discuss my opinions and what I experienced with the South Florida market. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank You

Hello,

I am a South Florida agent in my 30's who has experience with both side of the industry and would be happy to discuss my opinions and what I experienced with the South Florida market. PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank You

Where are you in South Florida? My office is in Coral Gables, I too am in my 30's and am curious if we know each other from agent get together's (iiasf, laia)

Are you considering P&C or L&H licensing?

What market or prospect profile do you have the greatest access to and can see yourself succeeding with? (Notice I said access to... not the profile you want to sell to.)

Do you see yourself selling "senior" products like FE and Med Supp?

Do you see yourself selling "families" products like term life, disability, critical illness, and perhaps permanent life insurance?

Do you see yourself selling to "retirees" products like annuities, life insurance, and long-term care?

Or if you're in P&C, do you see yourself selling homeowners? or commercial?

Describe that prospect profile:
- Age Range
- Household Income
- Marital status
- Children?
- Geography
- Homeowner status

What are the common problems this profile has that you can see yourself addressing over time with your products, services, skills, and knowledge?

We can address skill development later. But I'm a firm believer that YOU have to determine the best market for YOU... and no one else.

Hey DHK, sorry for the delayed response my original got stuck with the mod.

I have been considering P&C.

As far as a prospect profile, it is pretty diverse. I have a network of friends that are becoming first time home buyers and starting families as well middle aged business and/or property owners.

To be honest, the reason i started exploring the insurance industry is because i have been the President of my Condo Assoc. and after a few years of experiencing policy shopping, it really got me interested and contemplating if this is an industry i can be successful in.

I have steered away from selling "senior" products based on posts from here stating how saturated of a market South Florida is.

I haven't really explored the "Life" industry. After speaking with a friend of mine that sells Life and Retirement policies i was hesitant if it was for me. He basically said i would have to go after my "phonebook". Although i'm not scared to reach out to my resources, i don't know if i would be successful depending on my friendships for business or referrals. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just i have personally realized that my friends are friends but i can't solely rely on them for my income.

I am really trying to figure out if it is realistic to make a living in this industry in South Florida or is it extremely difficult because of saturation. I am also trying to figure out how i can align myself with an agency that would provide me with the training necessary in order to sell their products.

Like i said in my OP, i am extremely grateful for your guys help and insight and this is very important for me to get an understanding and try to build a plan getting into this. Please excuse my naiveness on some of these subjects, as everyday i am learning a little more and basically thats why i am here reaching out for your help.

I just wanted to thank you Fearsback for taking the time to talk with me. Your knowledge and insight of the industry helped me confirm my decision of going the P&C route. I am currently in the process of taking the Andy Beverly Online course and am on my way towards the state exam. Thanks for everything and will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Where are you in South Florida? My office is in Coral Gables, I too am in my 30's and am curious if we know each other from agent get together's (iiasf, laia)

My Office is in Coral Springs. I went to LAIA 2 years ago, but don't attend to many of those conferences. I am more likely to attend a carrier event.

----------

I just wanted to thank you Fearsback for taking the time to talk with me. Your knowledge and insight of the industry helped me confirm my decision of going the P&C route. I am currently in the process of taking the Andy Beverly Online course and am on my way towards the state exam. Thanks for everything and will keep you guys posted on my progress.

anytime you need anything you have my number. You will succeed in this industry for sure. Congrats on the first step to your new carrier.

Back