Sr IT Engineer Needs Career Change

lostnytechie

Hi All,
I've been off and on this board for a while now. I think it's time to make a career change and pull the trigger on my insurance career.

So here's my question. I know I should go captive to learn the ropes. What are the captive agencies you would recommend? I live in Florida. Not sure if that makes a difference.

Is it possible to work out of my home as an independent agent selling life insurance to start? I read the thread titled Guidance for New Life Agents.
And I think if I focus on Term, like the thread said and really push hard my first year, I can make what I'm making today (100k). Thoughts? is this possible? What resources are there to help me get started? Any groups I should join that can provide guidance? What systems do I need?
Thanks
I know it's scattered but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Not that it matters, where in Florida do you live?

If you focus solely on Term, you'll need to get licensed in multiple States to have a much better chance of making 100K+. With your tech background and utilizing a platform like ezlifesales, that is doable.

A great place to go is: selltermlife.com and is run by a well respected Forum member who absolutely kills it. Community membership currently is $49/mo paid quarterly ($147/quarter) and if you're truly serious, well worth the investment. By the way, I'm not affiliated with this website.

Thanks Steve,
I'm in the Jacksonville area. So the northern part.

You mentioned getting licensed in multiple states, do you mean I should license in the neighboring states? Which states and how many are we talking about?
Thanks!

Is it possible to work out of my home as an independent agent selling life insurance to start? I read the thread titled Guidance for New Life Agents.
And I think if I focus on Term, like the thread said and really push hard my first year, I can make what I'm making today (100k). Thoughts? is this possible?

You're dreaming.

Chances that you're gonna net 100K selling term - in the first year - without any industry experience - is a pipe dream. You don't even know what you don't know.

Not saying it can't be done, just that the odds are very, very, v e r y l o n g. Top half of 1/10 of 1% long.

Look in the mirror. Are you really that super, super, superstar guy/gal?

Isn't this all you need?

bae986566fe0172e50cc87844540c146.jpg

And then you go batsh*t crazy and get elected to the Senate.

Rick

Techie:
Go join the Community at selltermlife.com and you will proceed to "know what you don't know". They have the blueprint for success and new agents have succeeded there as well as experienced agents.
As far as getting licensed in other States, first get licensed in Florida and then it's an easy process to license in multiple States. Of course, there is a cost involved but if you want to be successful doing what you are describing, you will need some money socked away to use for this goal of yours.
Sure, as M&M said, it's not going to be easy and most fail, but it's all up to you and how much you want it.

Thanks everyone.

I know it's a long shot and I def know I don't know what I don't know because I don't know SH*T yet :D

But I do appreciate the candor. And I def know the old adage of, it it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

so thanks everyone. i'm still learning and still feeling around.

Back