Starting Career: Suggestions Please

"only requirement im aware of is must be fulltime.
i wouldnt think they would drop you on and off the group health plan based on any monthly production requirement.
but that is a good inquiry.. assume nothing right?"
My advice is for you to get really clear on this issue. Do you really think they will offer these benefits to a non producer? And until you are producing consistently, you are essentially a non-producer. Full time means meeting consistent minimum goals of production.

I was not aware of life agents being W2 employees. I know some offer a minor base for the first few months, but their commissions are also reduced to offset the base pay. I have to agree with billberry, no production = no position, let alone benefits.

I was not aware of life agents being W2 employees. I know some offer a minor base for the first few months, but their commissions are also reduced to offset the base pay. I have to agree with billberry, no production = no position, let alone benefits.

Statutory employee. You get a W-2, but no income tax withheld, just FICA. You also get to deduct expenses as if you were a 1099. Its available to insurance agents who primarily sell for one carrier, thus the career and captive system.

contacted mass mutual to see what the story looks like over there.. again thanks very much for all the input.

You would get murdered out there trying to make a living selling NYL as Final expense.

It won't be pretty.

How would NYL do as a starting point?

Final expense agents have a field day just replacing NYL/AARP policies. They are easy targets.

The real AARP policies are not final expense. Too large and too much underwriting.

The AARP/NYL policies are not at all competitive and seniors cancel them as soon as an agent teaches them what they really bought.

Back