Starting at World Financial Group

As for the potential of a noncompete just ask your recruiter if you decide to leave what can you take with you? Can you have access to the clients you bring in? Can you take your team with you if you if they would like to go with you. Then ask to be shown the answers in the agent agreement. I can understand the reasoning for a noncompete from a company point of view but if there is one one people should know about it going in because when leaving the companies will bring it up real quick.

Of course it depends on the respective state law if it's enforced and to what extent.

As for the potential of a noncompete just ask your recruiter if you decide to leave what can you take with you? Can you have access to the clients you bring in? Can you take your team with you if you if they would like to go with you. Then ask to be shown the answers in the agent agreement. I can understand the reasoning for a noncompete from a company point of view but if there is one one people should know about it going in because when leaving the companies will bring it up real quick.

Of course it depends on the respective state law if it's enforced and to what extent.

This post is spot on....Verify everything via the contract you are signing...If your recruiter indicates anything contrary to the contract realize you have just caught them in a lie. And also realize your recruiter can not...let me say that again CAN NOT verbally alter your written contract.

Okay, I basically told them what I posted here, and they're surprisingly fine with it. So I guess I'll probably be taking the test after all. It's basically free once they reimburse me, and I don't have to sign a U4 since I'm not planning to sell any of their products anyway. Of course, I get the feeling that they haven't given up on me, so I'll be staying alert.

Aren't there other firms out there willing to reimburse for exam expenses who you would be willing to sell for?

Okay, I basically told them what I posted here, and they're surprisingly fine with it. So I guess I'll probably be taking the test after all. It's basically free once they reimburse me, and I don't have to sign a U4 since I'm not planning to sell any of their products anyway. Of course, I get the feeling that they haven't given up on me, so I'll be staying alert.

If you want to take your series 6 or 7, you need a sponsor to even take the test, which means a U4 listing your sponsor. Someone is lying here.

I'm in California. The test is just the life insurance license. Do you still need a sponsor for that?

The non-compete is apparently not legal in California, which is why I didn't see anything on the forms. I didn't see anything that says I have to work for them exclusively either. I already signed the forms to be a recruit for my aunt just so she can qualify since it's not a commitment for me yet.

All those who work for WFG are independent contractors, so I think I can leave at anytime at this point without consequence.

Last edited:
I don't think you need a sponsor to sit for the life license but of course I could be wrong. Producer Types and Requirements

As a suggestion it might be a better idea to combine the Life and Accident & Sickness rather than just take the life alone. as for the contract it's kind of hard to know what to look out for without knowing how the agent contract reads. Most everyone has access to the same carriers so the devil is in the details of the contract.

As you have signed some forms be careful what you post on an open forum because you may say something that is confidential company info. which you may not know about. As you have informed someone that you post on this board, someone is watching.

Non-competes are illegal. That is true.

What about a non-solicit agreement? It could be a radius from your home or a period of time or both? Check for that.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ask them if you can contract with any insurance company who isn't affiliated with AEGON.
Their terminology is wacked. They don't get it. They say they're "non-captive" but that just means that you can work with many carriers represented through their broker dealer.

If there's a selling agreement, you can sell it.

If there ISN'T, you won't be able to sell it.

Check on that.

You're being very specific with them... and they have no idea about this kind of stuff.

The fact that they DON'T KNOW shows you the level of "professionalism" they have.
Keep in mind that if you contracted outside the broker/dealer, then your upline won't get paid! Do you think they want to encourage that?

Last edited:
I'm in California. The test is just the life insurance license. Do you still need a sponsor for that?

The non-compete is apparently not legal in California, which is why I didn't see anything on the forms. I didn't see anything that says I have to work for them exclusively either. I already signed the forms to be a recruit for my aunt just so she can qualify since it's not a commitment for me yet.

All those who work for WFG are independent contractors, so I think I can leave at anytime at this point without consequence.

The sponsor is for the securities license. Quite a few advantages to not having a securities license. Namely, you're not associated with the broker/dealer, and they can't use OBAs to control you.

VolAgent is correct. You only need sponsorship with securities. Sales through Primerica are paid through a structured level that if you leave will go to the person who recruited you and will not be able to go with you.

Back