Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to State Farm Background Check for Employment     
Old 10-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #11

State: libra09 is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
State Farm Background Check for Employment Re: State Farm Background Check for Employment
Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor.

Thanks
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to State Farm Background Check for Employment
Old 10-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #12
Guru
xrac on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
State Farm Background Check for Employment Re: State Farm Background Check for Employment
Originally Posted by libra09 View Post
Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor. Thanks
I would definitely let the recruiter know up front.

X
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
Guru

State: magagent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
magagent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Is this for becoming an agency owner, or a state farm "team member". I believe if its for a SF team member you work the agent not for SF.

Hello,

I recently received a contingent offer for employment with State Farm. However, I am worried about doing my background check. I have a misdemeanor domestic violence charge back in 2004 for a misunderstanding between me and my ex-boyfriend. I am worried this will affect me getting the job. I was told that State Farm no longer does credit checks. Do anyone know if this information is true? Do anyone know if my misdemeanor domestic violence charge will affect me receiving a formal offer? Should I contact the recruiter and inform him of the charge? I really need this job and don't want to loose it because of the misdemeanor.

Thanks

Old 10-16-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
Super Genius
toehill on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: toehill is an Insurance Agent from Arizona
I really don't understand why people want to go to work for State Farm. There are so many people on here that will help you go to work the right way INDEPENDENT if you will just ask.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Type the result for 11 x 3 I agree to forum rules 

Old 10-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #15

State: Sandia23 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
State Farm Background Check for Employment
Originally Posted by toehill
I really don't understand why people want to go to work for State Farm. There are so many people on here that will help you go to work the right way INDEPENDENT if you will just ask.
I have my P&C license, I want to start on my own,I have a little bit of experience in Insurance , but don't know any good company to start of, any help is welcome
Old 10-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #16
Guru

State: magagent is an Insurance Agent from Tennessee
magagent is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I'm with you toehill, I was a SF team-member once and I would never wish that punishment upon anyone... I"m sure someone from SF checks this board, so I will keep my comments to myself...

Originally Posted by toehill View Post

Old 10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #17
Super Genius

Originally Posted by Sandia23 View Post
I have my P&C license, I want to start on my own,I have a little bit of experience in Insurance , but don't know any good company to start of, any help is welcome

I am not a P&C guy but if you start a thread asking for help starting out in P&C I'm sure you will get all of your questions answered. Try a search as well. Probably a ton on the topic to read up on.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #18
Super Genius
ewilkins on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: ewilkins is an Insurance Agent from Oregon
Originally Posted by toehill View Post
But Toehill, isn't it better to learn the ropes before going indy? Assuming you have no previous experience in the industry? I eventually want to go indy too, but am working as a Farmer's producer to learn the ropes. Not something I want to do forever, but it's a great learning tool.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #19
Super Genius

Originally Posted by ewilkins View Post
But Toehill, isn't it better to learn the ropes before going indy? Assuming you have no previous experience in the industry? I eventually want to go indy too, but am working as a Farmer's producer to learn the ropes. Not something I want to do forever, but it's a great learning tool.

Do what you have to do. You could make points for both sides I guess. I guess I have gotten lucky in that I have a great mentor. That has helped me. I also just call the company if I have questions and get help from them. I am selling their products so they help get me answers.

I don't really know how Farmers works. So I have no comment on that. I would like to hear what Farmers does for you? Do they give you leads and charge you for them? What kind of commission split do they give you?
Old 02-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #20

State: desalvo7 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Hello,

Thanks
I was just hired to work for a local agent. I was worried about my credit. I was upfront with the agent and he told me SF stopped checking credit about a month ago. He said they were letting too many great people slip by because of poor credit. They are understanding that in this economy, more people are going to have blemishes on their credit.

Last edited by desalvo7; 02-04-2013 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Reply to State Farm Background Check for Employment 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance