Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to State Farm Background Check for Employment     
Old 05-23-2012, 02:42 PM   #1

State: 4plaay is an Insurance Agent from Minnesota
State Farm Background Check for Employment State Farm Background Check for Employment
I was offered a job as a team member for a State Farm agent. However I first need to get licensed and a background check was not mentioned. Surely it's going to be required but I'm concerned that because of my credit and driving record I may not get hired. Recently I went through foreclosure and have a couple outstanding debts that I still need to get taken care of but have been working on. In addition my drivers license is suspended because I forgot to pay a speeding ticket, though I'm working on getting that taken care of it won't be valid before next week.

Believe it or not I'm not a terrible person, just went through a rough patch when I lost my job awhile back. Trying to get back on my two feet but really worried about losing this job because of my recent record.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to State Farm Background Check for Employment
Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #2

State: rainmand is an Insurance Agent from California
State Farm Background Check for Employment Re: State Farm Background Check for Employment
How'd it go? Did you pass the background check?

Raymond
Old 05-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
Super Genius

State: Praeter is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
State Farm Background Check for Employment Re: State Farm Background Check for Employment
I had a DUI misdemeanor and was hired with no problems. I wouldn't worry about the ticket.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #4
Guru
xrac on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: xrac is an Insurance Agent from Indiana
xrac is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
This is not State Farm that is hiring you it is the local agent. If you want an answer ask him or her!

X

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Which holiday is on Dec.25-th ? I agree to forum rules 

Old 05-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #5

State: M Gen is an Insurance Agent from Florida
Originally Posted by 4plaay View Post
I was offered a job as a team member for a State Farm agent. However I first need to get licensed and a background check was not mentioned. Surely it's going to be required but I'm concerned that because of my credit and driving record I may not get hired. Recently I went through foreclosure and have a couple outstanding debts that I still need to get taken care of but have been working on. In addition my drivers license is suspended because I forgot to pay a speeding ticket, though I'm working on getting that taken care of it won't be valid before next week.

Believe it or not I'm not a terrible person, just went through a rough patch when I lost my job awhile back. Trying to get back on my two feet but really worried about losing this job because of my recent record.
Lot of people are feeling the pinch right now. I hope it works out for you.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
Super Genius

State: Praeter is an Insurance Agent from Michigan
Originally Posted by xrac View Post
This is not State Farm that is hiring you it is the local agent. If you want an answer ask him or her!
While this is true, doesn't State Farm have to approve the background check for binding authority? That's at least what the agent I worked for led me to believe. During my interview I told him up front about my DUI and he said on his end we were good, but it was up to SF to approve hiring in the end after the background check comes back.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Super Genius
johnsharp on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: johnsharp is an Insurance Agent from Texas
Originally Posted by Praeter View Post
doesn't State Farm have to approve the background check for binding authority?
Yes they do, and it's ultimately up to State Farm to approve. The agent can request a certain amount of leeway but it will fall on State Farm if the individual is allowed to get binding authority.

John Sharp
MegaAgencyMarketing.com
Create A Mega Insurance Agency Without A Mega Budget
Old 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #8
Super Genius

State: togatown is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
The AFE for the agent reviews the background report history if you are first turned down the company. He/She can overrule the denial and usually does unless there is something extremely heinous in your background. Happens all the time, you will just have to write a brief summary explanation of your credit transgressions.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
Super Genius
Denise509 on State Farm Background Check for Employment - Insurance Forum

State: Denise509 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Originally Posted by 4plaay View Post

Being an SF team member sucks. They'll hire you trust me....
Old 06-01-2012, 05:07 AM   #10
Super Genius

State: GMANPRO is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
State Farm Background Check for Employment
I had a misdemeanor on my record for throwing a cigarette buttout of my window years back and they had a cow over that. Was a huge ordeal and I hated it.

State Farm is hands down my least favorite insurancecompany I have ran into. I would work or Geico before I am ever a "team member" again.
Reply to State Farm Background Check for Employment 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance