State Farm Background Check for Employment

4plaay

I was offered a job as a team member for a State Farm agent. However I first need to get licensed and a background check was not mentioned. Surely it's going to be required but I'm concerned that because of my credit and driving record I may not get hired. Recently I went through foreclosure and have a couple outstanding debts that I still need to get taken care of but have been working on. In addition my drivers license is suspended because I forgot to pay a speeding ticket, though I'm working on getting that taken care of it won't be valid before next week.

Believe it or not I'm not a terrible person, just went through a rough patch when I lost my job awhile back. Trying to get back on my two feet but really worried about losing this job because of my recent record.

This is not State Farm that is hiring you it is the local agent. If you want an answer ask him or her!

I was offered a job as a team member for a State Farm agent. However I first need to get licensed and a background check was not mentioned. Surely it's going to be required but I'm concerned that because of my credit and driving record I may not get hired. Recently I went through foreclosure and have a couple outstanding debts that I still need to get taken care of but have been working on. In addition my drivers license is suspended because I forgot to pay a speeding ticket, though I'm working on getting that taken care of it won't be valid before next week.

Believe it or not I'm not a terrible person, just went through a rough patch when I lost my job awhile back. Trying to get back on my two feet but really worried about losing this job because of my recent record.
Lot of people are feeling the pinch right now. I hope it works out for you.

This is not State Farm that is hiring you it is the local agent. If you want an answer ask him or her!
While this is true, doesn't State Farm have to approve the background check for binding authority? That's at least what the agent I worked for led me to believe. During my interview I told him up front about my DUI and he said on his end we were good, but it was up to SF to approve hiring in the end after the background check comes back.

The AFE for the agent reviews the background report history if you are first turned down the company. He/She can overrule the denial and usually does unless there is something extremely heinous in your background. Happens all the time, you will just have to write a brief summary explanation of your credit transgressions.

Being an SF team member sucks. They'll hire you trust me....

I had a misdemeanor on my record for throwing a cigarette buttout of my window years back and they had a cow over that. Was a huge ordeal and I hated it.

State Farm is hands down my least favorite insurancecompany I have ran into. I would work or Geico before I am ever a "team member" again.

Back