Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance

Reply to State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job     
Old 07-25-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

State: picard3420 is an Insurance Agent from
State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job
Hey guys/gals, new to the forum. I've recently been in contact with both State Farm and Allstate agents and have gotten very similar offers from both. A SF agent offered me a base of 31K, which is nice but the commission is what I'm more focused on. The Allstate agent is local and offered $13 an hour with 8% commission. The biggest thing for me is that the SF agent is literally opening his doors September, 1st which I think would be an awesome learning/training experience for me but the job would require me to move to Baton Rouge (about 2 hours away from my hometown) where I don't have the relationships (i.e. real estate agents, mortgage loan originators etc.) that I have in my hometown which I believe could be beneficial. I was also told that SF is less competitive in terms of homeowner insurance but don't know how true that is. At this point ANY input/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job
Reply to State Farm Vs Allstate Sales Rep Job 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Getting Started Selling Insurance