Success, the Lazy Way!

G

This is re-threaded from my 2008 post here on the forum, enjoy.

If you think working longer hours is a formula for success, think again.

Why?

Do you know anyone that works two jobs and still doesn't make ends meet? Have you ever gotten to the end of the day and you're exhausted, frustrated and didn't have too much success to account for?

We've all either experienced or witnessed this at one point or another. But let's look at this first:

What if we wanted to be rich? Let's say . . . make a million bucks. How can we do that without the dollar and the dream of winning lotto?

Here's one way: Work 50 hours a week, averaging $100 per hour. If you do this for 50 weeks per year, and repeat it over the course of four years, you’ll have earned one million dollars.

Possible? Absolutely. Easy? No way! It's obviously something that would take master planning, which is part of the investment one must do to earn that kind of success.

However, if you just said "that's not for me" or "that's not possible" then what else can you do to achieve a very comfortable living, the lazy way?

This is what you do:

Work during the work hours.

I will explain this further but first let's look at the example below:

If you worked at Burger King, you'd have to:

1. Punch in and
2. Work until your break, then
3. Work until lunch, then
4. Work until your next break, then
5. Work until you go home.

Does the word work stand out in that list?

The reason it’s designed that way is so that Burger King will succeed, and of course, you'll be able to keep your job. Yes, this is really grueling work and I truly admire those that do this every day. But this is also an example of why selling insurance is such an awesome opportunity! We can actually work less and make more money. So here's the question I have for you.

Are you working during designated hours?

If you aren't, this might help:

1. Define your goals: Figure out how much premium per day, week or month that you want to earn (broken down from annual goal). Then figure out how many sales that will take to achieve, then figure out how many clients you'll need to call to achieve that. Every step must be defined. And whether you cold call or buy leads, it doesn't matter, you still need a formula.

2. Define your schedule: How many hours per day and how many days per week will you work or need in order to reach your financial goal? How many nights, weekend days?

3. Show up to work: You must act as if you're an employee of your own corporation. If you think you can sit back and wish or hope higher commissions or top producer status, you’re wrong. I often ask agents in training the following question: Would you fire you? Instead of that, give yourself a raise.

4. Be consistent: In order to achieve consistent success, you must follow your formula every day and work during the designated hours that you chose without fail. If you fail at carrying out your plan, you will fail at achieving your monetary goals.

5. Hold yourself accountable: Do not accept less than you deserve. Do not make excuses. You can be successful, but it's all up to you. Don't answer personal emails. Don't surf the internet or waste time on the forums or associations. Don't make or receive any phone calls other than business and as the King of Siam said "etc. etc. etc."

Think of this: have you ever witnessed someone who just before a holiday weekend or a Friday afternoon makes sure they have all of their work done so they can leave on time (or early) and then they don’t have to worry about it? Imagine what they would accomplish if they did this all day, every day, all week, all month, every year. They would get the raise, the promotion, and everything else that they deserve because they invested the time and earned it.

Okay, okay but what if you say to yourself "I can't buy leads to reach my goals?"

Then you should check out my cold calling thread, also from 2008: Great ways to make money, when you're broke

Now obviously, this isn't all that it takes to build a successful career, you still need a system of selling, as in: a logical presentation, knowing how to close and responses that validate and turn around what they call objections (and then how to close again) but even just planning your attack and attacking your plan is one of the best ways for you to start on the road to success, the lazy way. ; )~

To success!

what......no smoke breaks.....

1. Punch in and
2. Work until your break, then
3. Work until lunch, then
4. Work until your next break, then
5. Work until you go home.

Does the word work stand out in that list?

On paper, it's easy to double your business is one year. The execution of it is entirely different.

It depends on how extensive your paper is.

;)

I think many agents would love to achieve and maintain their success, before they consider doubling it.

Absolutely, all a part of the planning.

What are the 6 P's to success?

Proper
Prior
Planning
Prevents
Poor
Performance

You have to know what your bottom line is and decide is the the type of business that will make me profitable

Yes, I figured some of the newbies haven't seen them and since they were received well the first time around . . .

What is today, resurrection day for Rob's old threads/posts?

Back