techniques of the insurance gods!

So I have been a fan of the site for a week or so now and decided to join. I have noticed that there is a wealth of knowledge here and I want to tap into it! So I wanted to get all of you Guru's opinions on what I will need to succeed in the business. First, let me explain my situation. I have my life health and annuity license and I am an independent agent contracted through BCBS but I also sell America protect and Avalon, if BCBS does not qualify my client. I get almost all of my leads from inbound calls generated by automatic telemarketing company(provided by my company). I also have experience with door to door sales selling phone service so I am interested in branching out to doing door to door sales for insurance as well. So in your opinion what is the best advice for a new agent (in the biz about 3 months), what will be the major obstacles I will need to overcome. Could you share your door to door experiences with me. Anything along the lines of scripts, approach and/or tools of the trade that may help in my success. I will be happy to share my experiences, successes and failures on my journey to rule the world. Thanks

Well, Considering most of you have already done what I am asking of you in these forums I am going to edit my request to just your most valuable advise condensed into a few words and/or sentences. thanks all

Well, Considering most of you have already done what I am asking of you in these forums I am going to edit my request to just your most valuable advise condensed into a few words and/or sentences. thanks all

Here's a tip:

Try to discern the difference between logical, beneficial advice and the advice intended to deter your achievement.

And check out IHIAA-Home, John's association.

I've been going door to door for years. Health insurance is best sold business to business. Small businesses, where the owner is greeting you there at the business.

You offer quotes to businesses with maybe three employees. The owner says, "I need it for my secretary, and me, and one worker over there." That type of thing.

Back