Texas Farm Bureau

hill country

Good Morning Everyone! I'm new to the forums, and this looks like a tremendous site with a wealth of information available. That being said, I was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with Texas Farm Bureau as I have interviewed with the Agency Manager in the local county and we are both interested in possibly moving forward with the process. I have searched the threads and have found some good Farm Bureau information, but nothing specific to Texas. What is it like working for Farm Bureau in Texas? Any thoughts or advice?? Thanks in advance!

Welcome! Don't know much about Texas but I would guess that working for Farm Bureau in your neck of the woods would mean a lot of windshield time and maybe driving a four wheel drive pickup. :yes::laugh:;)

Hey xrac! Yes-you pretty much nailed it! I don't mind the windshield time and I do have the requisite 4X4....
However, this county used to be primarily agricultural and to an extent still is (large county) but it's rapidly becoming a suburb of a larger metro area, plus lots of retirees and executive types buying "estates" on land with large houses. I'm a 32yr old career changer type, so I'm doing as much research as possible.....

I'm looking at Texas Farm Bureau in a city setting and not rural. I actually shopped rates for my cars, home and boat and TFB had the best overall rates so I'm comfortable with that. What I'm not so comfortable with is name recognition versus someone like State Farm who I'm also considering. Does anyone have any advice or recommendations about TFB in a more suburb setting versus a smaller town? Any input about the overall opportunity with Texas Farm Bureau?

no one has an opinion about Texas Farm Bureau? As negative as this site is about captive opportunities I'm going to take this as a good sign.

After 8 years with TxFB I was fired/contracts severed for not designating - not selling enough life insurance, was making 45/50 K the last 3-4 years had built up a $637,000 book of P&C business with about 300 member families. All they are concerned with is life ins sales now. 14 other agents in my district were fired within the last year for the same reason. Contract doesn't say you have to designate but it does have an at-will clause that means they can fire you for any or no reason at all. Forming my own independent agency now, trying to find a lawyer to take by breach of contract case on contengency basis, and basically starting over.

Back