Are There Any Captive Agencies that Want P&C Only

TheCaspian

Expert
It seems like a lot of the captive places around me want you to get your L&H and P&C but then sell mostly L&H.

I am trying to stay away from Life and be P/C only. Would I have more luck looking for indie shops or are there larger companies out that that want only P&C producers?

The reason I'm looking for captive is that I am new to the industry, and looking to learn the ropes first.

It seems like a lot of the captive places around me want you to get your L&H and P&C but then sell mostly L&H.

I am trying to stay away from Life and be P/C only. Would I have more luck looking for indie shops or are there larger companies out that that want only P&C producers?

The reason I'm looking for captive is that I am new to the industry, and looking to learn the ropes first.

I can't think of any really. State Farm, Allstate, Nationwide, and Liberty Mutual all have incentive pay based on life production. You also have quotas to keep your contract too. All of the p&c companies have moved towards life and forcing agents to sell it.

Try linking up with a indy agent.

Very few available markets unfortunately. Too bad because I know I'd like to investigate that opportunity further. Geico writes pretty much anyone (probably write my tabby cat if I explained she was 'going' to get her license) and the rates are usually pretty solid at least where I am.

Back