Are There Any Carriers That Will Work With Independents

Davidkpa

Well I've done my digging on a few different "Insurance Brokers" and I've decided to go full independent at this point. I've contacted a few carriers about selling their products and they haven't gotten back to me. I'm licensed for life and health and I want my focus to mainly be on life and disability.

Does anyone know of any carriers with good products, that will work with independents? If you get some referral bonus off of me, that's cool, I get it. I'm experienced in mailing campaigns as a lawyer (still am one, was looking to add some supplemental income and turn it into something my fiancee could get into at some point), and as a former owner of a carpet cleaning business.

I can pay $120 for three possible leads or mail nearly three hundred houses and write the expense off under my law firm since I'll be putting the fact I'm a lawyer on the mailer and advertising minor estate planning services.

I'd like to find a reputable company that gave me leads and let me run them but I know that's not going to happen. I appreciate all help in advance. I hope to one day to be a grey beard turning around doing the same helping new starts.

you're probably getting less help on here because you have made it clear that you're a lawyer. Lol, everybody is afraid of saying the wrong thing and then you trying to sue them.

Welcome to the forum! You won't get much help from appointing direct with carriers.

You'll want to work with an FMO/IMO that specializes in the type of life insurance you're interested in marketing.

Disability is a whole different animal but again seek out an FMO that specializes in that particular niche. I'd look at DI Broker or Disability Insurance Services for help with DI.

----------

Uh.... Conflict of Interest?
What? You can't help your insurance client prepare a basic will?

Thanks. I've gotten in touch with Forresters who had an IMO contact me and am going through the process with. Also as to conflict of interest, I've got a letter out to the Florida Bar regarding it. How estate planning and insurance sales can be a conflict is beyond me as long as I disclose the fact I'm a lawyer and that I'm earning a commission and I'm not charging the customer for legal services during an insurance sale/consultation. But that's why I'm dealing with the Florida Bar first to make sure there are no ethics concerns.

Thanks for the suggestion on the IMO/FMO, I'll have to work that route. Was completely unaware of them.

Street commission for Foresters should be around 105%-110% Don't assign your commissions- make sure carriers pay you directly. Make sure you get a upfront release agreement in case you need to move your contracts down the road. Otherwise you have to wait six months.

Back