Time Management and Organization

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
This topic is extremely important for new agents and even those who have been in the business for some time. I think partly due to me being green in the industry, I spend way too much time rating and trying to find the right price.

-Here is the rub, you need to be prospecting as you can never have enough people to see IMHO(in my humble opinion) except for maybe the top 5-10% earners in the industry. If you make $250k a year, yeah maybe your schedule is maxed out.

-Time management because when it takes 2-3 hours to work on 1 home quote as you have Wind Mit/4 Pt, you have to load all the info directly on to carrier websites after you work something like "Applied Rater" tying to get initial quotes. When it comes to personal lines like auto and home, I find the time exhausted doesn't quite add up to the reward/$$$. I believe long term I want to focus on small business or commercial insurance.

I network a lot and I get handed a lot of cards that pile up on my desk, i see a lot of papers, in general I need a much better way to organize my desk. Any suggestions or systems that work well for you, please share so the rest of us can learn.

I'll stop here, I think most can see what I am looking for and I don't want to the opening post to be so long nobody reads it :yes:

All help appreciated.

Check out David Allen's book, Getting Things Done. He has other products too, all on productivity, time management, etc.

not to derail...but what do you mean by "I network a lot"?

I need to start in the worst way.

Chamber of Commerce-there are 14 of them in Palm Beach County alone. I can't say they directly impact your income but I also cannot say they don't impact your bottom line. I have met many folks, also have attended several seminars designed and catered to small business owners which is who I want to meet.

Shoot me a PM Furley, we probably should exchange emails/numbers, there is so much business and the premiums in Florida are healthy, we can help each other. I have plenty of info to share, also need to find specific info within the Commercial World.

Cheers!

Back