Tough Situation. Any Advice..??

Welcome to the forum!

Please provide your specific definition of "a lot of premium" and others can chime in and either provide you with a realistic perspective... or tell you that you're on the right track.

Are you licensed yourself? Or are you just under your agent's license? Obviously getting your own license would be your next step.

Is this consistent for you? What about your YTD numbers? Or did you "get lucky" with a couple of nice cases? (Just asking.)

Here's the thing: I don't know about gross commissions on P&C business, but I do know that it's far lower than Life insurance pays. However, isn't the median commission about 20%? That means on $20,000 of new annual P&C business... you'd be generating $4,000 of profit for your agency. Subtract out your benefits, salary, and bonuses... and there's probably not a whole lot left over.

Again, I don't know about P&C commission schedules, but first, you need to determine if you're "paying for yourself" and then some... or not.

Also, determine where you're getting your leads. If you're truly the rainmaker, then yeah, you should look for other agent opportunities.

If you're generating your own leads & sales... and you're more than double for paying for yourself... then you really should look for other opportunities.

----------

You might also want to post in the P&C forum to get more ideas from those in that field.

Getting a great start in the insurance business is not the easiest task. I feel so fortunate that from a young age I watched my father run a very successful agency for a major insurance company. Even as a boy, it was obvious to me how his work with financial products and services had the most positive impact for his clients at the most critical moments of their lives.

Back