Trying to Get into Med Supps..

So I've been selling health insurance in a call room for about 3 years and now want to start selling med supps on my own. What advice would you guys give me on selling med supps from home on the phone. I know list shack is a great tool and I've signed up for that. However to avoid making cold calls I've been purchasing shared leads from norvax and they've all sucked. Should i just stick to cold calling? What are realistic expectations for the first month or two doing that? also any other advice you guys can give would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

You might want to sign up on my site Medicare Training 101. There is a 3 day trial and a number of saved webinars that will answer many of your questions.

Rick

^ and some other agent on here who's name escapes me right now also runs another medicare agent training site. Never used either one but thinking about it and they both seem good, though different.

I've had a reasonable (though not amazing) amount of luck cold calling on med sups and I suck at cold calling. It's the one product I can make any headway on.

Keep cold calling, also buy some leads from several different sources as it's a more dependable but expensive way of getting in front of people. Make sure you get enough from all of the sources before you dismiss them as a waste of money. Maybe consider getting ACA certified as well since lots of t65 people have spouses under 65 and people like a one stop shop agent who can handle both of them and a lot seem to be on an individual plan as they were on the now retired person's group plan.

From the start of October right up to Christmas - spend every dollar you have on leads and work every minute you can. That's the time of year that medicare advantage people have open enrollment and almost everyone thinks it applies to med sups as well so they're all looking. Some people also work less this time of year since you can make more money while working less. I'd rather work extra when getting paid double than work double when getting paid less, but that's just me.

Most importantly realize that you'll probably be kinda poor for a few years until you've got enough renewals to keep you afloat without even having to worry about commissions. Keep that in mind when you're frustrated and want to quit. It'll get better every year.

The other site is MedicareAgentTraining.com

I recommend both to get you up to speed on this niche.

One thing I learned from MedicareTraining101.com: How Medicare Supplement claim processing works. Your going to need that training to explain, when they tell you, "But they've always paid all my claims!"

One thing I learned from MedicareAgentTraining.com: You really can sell 100% over the phone!

Both sites offer plenty of discounts and other freebies to more than pay for the membership fees!

Both sites offer plenty of discounts and other freebies to more than pay for the membership fees!

As someone who's not affiliated with either site and has used them both could you provide some insight as to which site offers what and what you like most about them?

Back