Waiting to Get Through the Licensing Process

alicia

Expert
I have been reading this forum for a while trying to get educated before getting a license. I'm in the process of studying for L&H. Our state requires 7.5 hours of class time. I was all scheduled to go on Saturday to finish the class and take the exam in a couple of weeks. Well, I just received notice that the class has been cancelled. Most likely, not enough participants. I am bummed because the next class isn't until April.:1mad:

It gives me more time to study but I'm really only interested in the med supps and maybe FE at this point. Is there anything I can do to get a headstart so when I get the license I'll be ready to go.

The only things I can think of is creating a business card, a presentation, and working on a website. Is there anything else I can do without a license besides study some more?:err:

Probably the most important thing (from a money-making POV) is figure out a few different ways of how you're going to prospect for business, Alicia.

I have been reading this forum for a while trying to get educated before getting a license. I'm in the process of studying for L&H. Our state requires 7.5 hours of class time. I was all scheduled to go on Saturday to finish the class and take the exam in a couple of weeks. Well, I just received notice that the class has been cancelled. Most likely, not enough participants. I am bummed because the next class isn't until April.:1mad:

It gives me more time to study but I'm really only interested in the med supps and maybe FE at this point. Is there anything I can do to get a headstart so when I get the license I'll be ready to go.

The only things I can think of is creating a business card, a presentation, and working on a website. Is there anything else I can do without a license besides study some more?:err:

Can't you just find a different provider and a different class instead of waiting even if it means driving a few hours?

Last edited:
I thought of that but by the time I find another class, get the materials, study, do the required class time, it would most likely be the same amount of time. I have already gone through the materials they sent me. I paid as well, but they told me they won't debit me until I do the class.

But you know how it is, I'm ready to go, and now I have to wait. Disappointing.

As far as prospecting, I'm thinking word of mouth, flyers, business cards, website, maybe some lead lists but of course I can't call until I'm licensed. I'll be prospecting the cheapest way I can until I get rolling, in hopefully, some dough.:yes:

Back