Want to Call Business Owners for Insurance

Alhambra

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I'm going to get off my butt, and go visit business owners for new insurance quotes and policies.

I'm also going to utilize a call center to make the calls for me and gather the information for the party in charge of the decision making process, and type of need that the business owner has.

My question is what type of business I should be asking for? Unfortunately my P&C exam is schedules for next month, so I can not sell car, fire, or casualty insurances, but since I already have health & life, 6 and 63, I think I can sell the following business related items:

Group Life & Health Insurance
Disability Insurance
Retirement Planning to include IRA's and Sep, etc.
Business Life Insurance like next to die for partnerships & corps
Loss of main employee

Would anyone have an opinion or suggestion for me? Provided the short time that the tele-marketer would have to explain the types of business I'm after, which kind of business should I be asking for?

What products work best with the owners of small businesses?

What kind of script should I be using? Any that you can send to me?

Has anyone done this before and what was the experience and results?

Any and all comments shall be highly appreciated.

Thanks
[email protected]
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A little script I just came up with:

Hi , my name is Joe and I like to provide group health, or group life insurance quotes for your business.

Am I talking to the right decision maker in the business?

Last edited:
Unless there is something different about the state of California, you have to have a P&C license to sell workers' comp. But, please do tell if it is different.

I know of a company that'll help you find life insurance leads with business owners that are generated for you. I've used them with decent success.

The product line you will have the most success with is the one that you know the best.

It really is that simple.

Of course having a good competitive product line helps but if you cant explain it to the prospect it does you know good.

Pick a line you know and are comfortable with and have some passion about and you might make some money.

Unless there is something different about the state of California, you have to have a P&C license to sell workers' comp. But, please do tell if it is different.

There is one exception in CA. With Anthem, you can sell integrated WC with their health plans without a P&C license. You get a fee from Fremont (may be a new name now).

[ a really cool joke was here ]

Last edited:
Just about every small business owner would give you a minute if you walk in and ask about their health insurance. Then segue into income insurance (DI). Don't call them. They hate that.

On the contrary I'll be using the power of phone to call many businesses in a short period of time (actually my telemarketer would) and would only pass on to me through e-mail people actually who like to meet me.

Last year when I was working at a very large Insurance company, on Tuesday nights we had phone nights for 4 hours. I used to see average agent sitting behind their cubical and stare into their notebooks, or pick up the phone and flip multiple pages to look for a hot number to dial, or they talked to their friends and relatives.

Calling businesses would be the opposite of what I've described above, at least I'm hoping it would be.

Back