what is best path to six figures/yr in new insurance career

Hey, if P&C is your ticket, good for you, I like larger profit margins and less service work. I know many P&C guys that are totally burned out and work lots of hours. To each his own, most of us figure out what works best for us, I like working about 20 hours a week, learned to work smarter and to really work when I work.

Looks good on paper!!
wouldn't even cover my cl or wc for my office and employees. Depends on how you look at dollar amounts and what your goals are. If you work out of your own office at home ...and never lose a client ps national average is 33.2% of all people who purchase direct personal health plans cancel within 6 months... Then I suppose that works well for you!

Personally Health insurance holds not a candle to P&C and risk management assuming you can do it right. Everyone has a counter to everyone, just remember if it looks good on paper it probably wont work! lol!

You don't believe it because you don't accomplish it.
You're quite far off, you're saying one agent won't pay for your entire office, ya think? How about an agency selling 15 to 20 each per month? Would that cover your nut? How about a 25% increase in leads to sales ratio equaling an increase of $40k a week each in annual premium from 10 agents? At 30% (MGA level) that's $624,000.00 a year increase.

Churn and burns lose 70% of their business because they suck. Plus, co pay plans average 1.3 years lifespan, HSA plans, over 3 years, Golden Rule/Assurant numbers, so you're off there too. If you shove a round peg in a square hole, you'll lose it in six months, sell well, retain well.

If you know what you're doing, it's possible, I don't work 70 hours, not even close, I live on the beach and I'm out there every afternoon, I don't drive to see clients, all phone sales baby.
2 sales by 1PM is do able on a daily basis. I've trained agents to do it. Don't believe me? Here ya go, let me know if you need more proof.

"When it comes to health insurance sales and training agents, Rob Liano knows the business. He understands the importance of melding technology and the Internet with persistence, a strong work ethic and effective sales strategies to generate and close leads. He not only teaches it; he consistently proves it and puts it to ‘real world’ use."

Jeremiah Desmarais
VP-Marketing
NORVAX

Maybe you've had finger painting on your paper plans before.

:biggrin:

Looks good on paper!!
wouldn't even cover my cl or wc for my office and employees. Depends on how you look at dollar amounts and what your goals are. If you work out of your own office at home ...and never lose a client ps national average is 33.2% of all people who purchase direct personal health plans cancel within 6 months... Then I suppose that works well for you!

Personally Health insurance holds not a candle to P&C and risk management assuming you can do it right. Everyone has a counter to everyone, just remember if it looks good on paper it probably wont work! lol!

You don't believe it because you don't accomplish it.
You're quite far off, you're saying one agent won't pay for your entire office, ya think? How about an agency selling 15 to 20 each per month? Would that cover your nut? How about a 25% increase in leads to sales ratio equaling an increase of $40k a week each in annual premium from 10 agents? At 30% (MGA level) that's $624,000.00 a year increase.

Churn and burns lose 70% of their business because they suck. Plus, co pay plans average 1.3 years lifespan, HSA plans, over 3 years, Golden Rule/Assurant numbers, so you're off there too. If you shove a round peg in a square hole, you'll lose it in six months, sell well, retain well.

If you know what you're doing, it's possible, I don't work 70 hours, not even close, I live on the beach and I'm out there every afternoon, I don't drive to see clients, all phone sales baby.
2 sales by 1PM is do able on a daily basis. I've trained agents to do it. Don't believe me? Here ya go, let me know if you need more proof.

"When it comes to health insurance sales and training agents, Rob Liano knows the business. He understands the importance of melding technology and the Internet with persistence, a strong work ethic and effective sales strategies to generate and close leads. He not only teaches it; he consistently proves it and puts it to ‘real world’ use."

Jeremiah Desmarais
VP-Marketing
NORVAX

Maybe you've had finger painting on your paper plans before.

:biggrin:
I dont dissagree with you. I just dont focus my time on individual policies. Who said I was the only agent targetting any kind of market. You have a valid point, but arguing numbers of sales like that with me just seems so..I dunno small potato.

as far as the percentage quote that's a factoid I just remember reading somewhere, and quite frankly it rings true. Between people seeking other forms of coverage to spouses getting jobs with benefits covering individuals on health generally has a lower retention than covering companies. Coincidentally, I prefer retention to mass marketing and "churning and burning" my way through 1000 purchased leads. Networking, referals, salesgenie all a person needs.

HSA is the wave of the future but a tough sale to employees of a company, hence why it is predominantly sold to individuals...again a market I dont play in...intensely.

P&C burns ppl out who do not hire people to do leg work for them. As I said you can make a lot from it if you do it right.

Well, he is not experienced yet, is he?

And hey, I know some "experienced" agents selling less. Don't you?

The point is, in health and life, if you buy leads (either up front or out of future commission) and can sell, you can make money, it no longer takes 3 to 5 years to 100K, everything is gravitating to phone/internet sales, (ehealth is the largest producer in the nation). Face to face takes too much time, if you're a salesperson and you're not selling 80% of the time, how can you be successful? Go to telephonic insurance sales, less gas, more productivity, more free time.

Yeah, your definitely right about that. I dont know very many agents at all (other than you folks on this board), but I've heard of some nice incomes from health.

I havent been in the biz in about 15 years and I sold life, accident and supplemental hospitalization and yes, it HAS changed quite a bit. Still trying to wrap my brain housing group around the e-sales concept. I absolutely hated driving an hour or more to see two or three customers a day (if I was lucky).

Hey, just to be clear, and in case it was taken that way, I wasn't being argumentative or bragging, it's tough to get the emotion in an email/text but yeah, I'm a health and life guy and it's lucrative enough to live on the beach in Long Island, NY (FYI: I sell in 20 other states, not NY).

Not everything works for everyone, just trying to advise someone who was curious about the career in life.

Thanks for being very cool on this post, good to see.

:)

Desktop sharing is a fantastic tool for online sales - free with tools like shareitnow and zoho. I can pull up brochures, UW guides, search for docs while they watch...very visually engaging and all of those prospects who didn't have much time, all of a sudden have time when it's a fun presentation.

Hey, just to be clear, and in case it was taken that way, I wasn't being argumentative or bragging, it's tough to get the emotion in an email/text but yeah, I'm a health and life guy and it's lucrative enough to live on the beach in Long Island, NY (FYI: I sell in 20 other states, not NY).

Not everything works for everyone, just trying to advise someone who was curious about the career in life.

Thanks for being very cool on this post, good to see.

:)

Rob - not bragging at all. It's valuable for new agents to see that it's quite possible to knock out 2 deals a day with a good work ethic.

Since you're new on this board here's the scoop:

If you write a lot of business, 1st your a liar. Once you proove you're not a liar then you're unethical. Once you show you're not unethical then it's that you must have a lot of lapses. Once you proove you don't have a lot of lapses they'll start to dig into what you're selling. You get my drift.

Ignore it. There are "successful" people here who struggle to put 3 deals together in the same week and need to justify their existance.

We would, however, value your advice an imput here.

I totally agree, I can't tell you how many clients have said "this is cool" and the walls are down and the sale is yours!!

I am sorry if I came across as a bragger as well. I was not intending to do so. Massing a lot deals is not about what you do wrong! Like I said Welcome to Salesgenie.com - Unlimited Access to Sales Leads and Mailing Lists! and if you have an appointment with Aflac you can get membership to salesgenie for 68.00 a month rather than 150 :). Sometimes in my efforts to be objective regarding a topic I have a tendancy to object to everyone's opinion but mine lol! Rob, perhaps you would like to enlighten me a bit more as to your marketing tactics to individual sales. Anytime I ignore a market I ignore earnings.

Back