What is a Cluster/Group/ Aggregator Offered This?

shawnmwalker

Guru
1000 Post Club
Colorado
Too many times groups falls short on their ability to help a "Newbie" succeed in the industry.

What if a group/ Cluster/ Aggregator offered training in the following ways to help a newly licensed agent get through the IA learning curve, would it be enough? What is missing?

An assigned trainer/agent with over a decade of industry experience producing with the markets you will get access to. A trainer compensated by the level of success you are having as a new agent, helping you get on your feet As fast as possible, coaching you through your quotes and submissions.

An assigned Commercial Account Executive helping you through the learning curve of commercial.

A proprietary Website with a proprietary blue print for success. A Commercial University. tutorials on comp rater and Management system, Common tools the most successful agents are using within the group, ext.

Direct access to carrier Reps and Underwriters.

Last edited:
You could add "How to make a sales call properly, buying habits of business owners and yearly renewals, how to efficiently keep track of your pipeline, Data Management; and how to use data for future sales" List goes on and on.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if this was an ad for PGI, or a real "what if"?

I can tell you that as a company rep, I did all of this for the many groups in my territory. It was my specialty. 1:1 assistance, full underwriting authority, certified CE trainer in 34 states, sales training, and an expert on the automation used to quote and bind policies PL and CL. I even wrote large CL proposals and practiced with the agent. I did that. And the big national carrier paid my travel expenses and wrote my paycheck. I did it for SIAA, SmartChoice, Keystone, Iroquois, Buckeye, and others. I LOVED IT!! I did it until the big national carrier decided they needed me to charge for my services. They weren't wrong, but there was always another carrier chomping at the bit to do it for you on their dime. Why pay me $500 a day when the next guy in didn't charge the group anything? Oh, well.

I've been fairly vocal here that choosing a group depends largely on your budget, and on the resources required vs resources offered. Some are paying their own employees to do this and some are depending on the (dwindling) carrier offerings to do this. Maybe the next question is how reliable are those resources?

FTR - I have zero personal experience with PGI. If they'd like to hire me, they can find me. I'll make you some money, provided they pay me well :)

Last edited:
Back