What Does a Typical Work Day Look Like for You?

NAF1138

Guru
I am so enclosed in my own little world as a captive agentagent that I often wonder how other people do business and if maybe I can make my life more efficient.

My day is spent canvassing small business and cold calling existing orphan customers to set appointments, then going on those appointments. I usually cold call for an hour or two a night between 5 and 7 and canvas during the day in between my appointments. I get about 5-7 appointments a week (not enough, I know, but I can't ever seem to book more. I'm open to suggestions) .

What does everyone else do?

I am so enclosed in my own little world as a captive agentagent that I often wonder how other people do business and if maybe I can make my life more efficient.

My day is spent canvassing small business and cold calling existing orphan customers to set appointments, then going on those appointments. I usually cold call for an hour or two a night between 5 and 7 and canvas during the day in between my appointments. I get about 5-7 appointments a week (not enough, I know, but I can't ever seem to book more. I'm open to suggestions) .

What does everyone else do?

If you're not making enough appointments canvassing, try calling. If you're not making enough appointments doing either, you're saying the wrong thing.

(Sorry for not answering your question directly, but it seems like see how others are getting more appointments is the question you're really asking)

It's not really, though I suppose that's part of it though I wasn't thinking of that when I posted. I mostly want to see if my daily life if similar to what everyone else's life is. When I talk with other agents, particularly agents that don't work where I do, the only thing that is ever discussed is the actual sales process. But honestly the part of the job that I find hard isn't the sales call but keeping my time outside of appointments organized and productive. So I am genuinely curious how others approach their days.

Due to a series of changes in management shortly after I was hired I get very little guidance beyond being told to "go get em" so I am figuring stuff out mostly on my own. I'm doing OK, but I always wonder if I could be doing better.

It's not really, though I suppose that's part of it though I wasn't thinking of that when I posted. I mostly want to see if my daily life if similar to what everyone else's life is. When I talk with other agents, particularly agents that don't work where I do, the only thing that is ever discussed is the actual sales process. But honestly the part of the job that I find hard isn't the sales call but keeping my time outside of appointments organized and productive. So I am genuinely curious how others approach their days.

Due to a series of changes in management shortly after I was hired I get very little guidance beyond being told to "go get em" so I am figuring stuff out mostly on my own. I'm doing OK, but I always wonder if I could be doing better.

Maximizing time is the most important thing. I think of my day as 2 blocks. Morning and afternoon. I will schedule my first appointment for either the morning OR afternoon and then all my subsequent appointments will stay in that block. (ie, if my first appointment is a morning appointment, I will try to fill my my morning with appointments)

If I fill up a morning or afternoon, I will continue on to the other 'block' of my day. If I have mornings scheduled, I will cold walk businesses before, in between and after my appointments. My morning block starts at 8:15 and ends at 11:45, so if my last appointment is at 10, I will continue to cold walk until 11:45. If my first isn't until 9, I will cold walk from 8:15 until 9. I used to go back to the office after my last appointment, but I found I was wasting prospecting time driving instead of prospecting, so it made more sense for me to drive during "lunch" which isn't the best prospecting time. (The same idea would work for afternoon on afternoon days.)

I spend the "other block" doing paperwork, client communication, cold calling on the phone, etc. That could also include your orphans.

The trick is to maximize your prospecting hours and not waste time driving, etc. if possible.

Back