What Are a New Agents Biggest Challenges?

Biggest challenge's:

1. they can't "afford" or have the "drive" to go full time right out of the gates. They want to "work their way into it" which is ass-backwards thinking.

2. Of course....no money or afraid to spend money.

3. won't follow the basic's of what their being taught

4. ego's

5. Part time job

6. personal issues keeping them from concentrating on putting in the right amount of time and effort

7. they "want" to succeed but aren't willing to do what ever it takes to succeed

Ok...so a few challenges so I will say the biggest one I see? NO MONEY OR THE WILLINGNESS TO SPEND MONEY.

If you're new you must, must, must at least:

Spend some money....start off FULL TIME(there is no clock to punch. Work until you hit your goals then...work harder)...don't jump into the 1st IMO, agency, group etc or don't go with the group that gets you the cheapest or free leads.

Understanding/finding your weaknesses that will impact your ability to succeed in the industry and solution fast. (Example: not good at cold calling....learn fast or get capital for telemarketer)

Also having enough marketing reserves.

One of the biggest things for new agents is for them to find a good company to get started with. Receive good training, and develop a good work ethic...New agents don't have to dump their life savings into lead programs, or recruit their family and friends to get in the industry to make it...Have a willingness to learn, and don't think you will make 100K your first year...You could do this, but's unlikely...Don't fall for those markeing organizations claims that all you have to do is call on leads and you will be successful...Alot more goes into this business

I am sure digfesales105 knows all about Ego.whatever happens Do not work with this guy, everyone kicks him out of there agency. now he's only left with senior life.

Last edited:
Biggest challenge is doing enough of the proper kind of activity. Many activities are call avoidance.

Second biggest challenge is to not have a market focus but trying to be everything to everybody.

Last edited:
Biggest challenge is doing enough of the proper kind of activity. Many activities are call avoidance.

Second biggest challenge is to not have a market focus but trying to be everythingto everybody.

Well said. Develop the proper kind of activity at the early stages of your career.

Lol, Anyone here ever shuffle the papers on their desk for 20 minutes to avoid the phone?

If I was paid per paper shuffle when I first started I would have made millions :)

Developing a consistent flow of people to see on a favorable basis. This precedes everything else in the business and is the major reason most fail.

Latest posts

Back