What Questions to Ask? Northwestern Mutual Interview

TFord7

Expert
So I took the long Northwestern Mutual personality test or assessment that they require potential agents to take and passed (ultimately the premise was what was your prior profession, are you ready to work harder and do you believe yourself over 180 questions)

I have an interview set up for Thursday with the current manager and the future manager (who I bought term from apparently he is taking over in January 2013)

My question is what things do you think I need to know from this specific branch to know if it is the right place for me?
-Do you reimburse for licensing?
-Will I shadow with an agent or have a mentor? (for how long)
-Commission/Compensation schedule?
-What type of training can I expect?

Another company I am considering courting is Farm Bureau and it has also been suggested to even pick an individual mentor in some of the other reputable companies whether there is a local main office or not.

Reimburse for licensing? Yeah, I'd skip that one

:D true enough... I mean i already know there will be a commission cut I am trying to find every benefit I can get because "if i make it" I wont be there forever so while they milk me I want to do some milking also..

" MUTUALLY " beneficial Northwestern Mutual lol where's HealthGuy ? I'm sure he'd have some input on them:1err:

Actually, I think they reimburse for training.

You need to focus on two things.

How will I prospect? How will you teach me to get in front of prospects, what do I need to do to have 15 appointments a week and keep 10 of them?

Second

Will I have a mentor to work with to develop my prospecting skills, appointment setting skills and sales skills once I have the appointment?

Reimburse for licensing? Yeah, I'd skip that one

Well i got it... reimbursed for licensing and 40hr pre-licensing course & 4000$ allowance for training... i guess that's why they make people do 2 or 3 interviews and a project 200... they probably get at least a lil ROI with the policies new guys sell to their friends & family even if they dont make it...

It works for me looking to start in October/November

Write down their promises. Put it into a contract. Ask them to sign it. They won't.

That's the only question to ask them 'Hey, I summarized all of your warranties and representations here, would you mind signing this?'

Write down their promises. Put it into a contract. Ask them to sign it. They won't.

That's the only question to ask them 'Hey, I summarized all of your warranties and representations here, would you mind signing this?'

great answer, on a 2 year old thread

My question is what things do you think I need to know from this specific branch to know if it is the right place for me?
-Do you reimburse for licensing?
-Will I shadow with an agent or have a mentor? (for how long)
-Commission/Compensation schedule?
-What type of training can I expect?

When you do joint work you will want to make sure that the person you are doing joint work with (who is your mentor, so to speak) knows that just because you are doing joint work doesn't mean that you will split all the business on that client forever, unless that person is going to help you with the client going forward.

A lot of guys who are doing joint work with young reps are only there on the front end and then they expect 50% on everything going forward but they're no where to be seen. They're zero help.

When you do joint work you will want to make sure that the person you are doing joint work with (who is your mentor, so to speak) knows that just because you are doing joint work doesn't mean that you will split all the business on that client forever, unless that person is going to help you with the client going forward.

A lot of guys who are doing joint work with young reps are only there on the front end and then they expect 50% on everything going forward but they're no where to be seen. They're zero help.

I'd like to know more about your time at Northwestern Mutual - and warnings or advice.

I'd like a copy of the transcript of your conversation. I think it would be entertaining to read since KaseyNM seems to be very "pro-NML" and trustandadvice's posts are completely contrary.

Back