What is the Workflow for a Producer?

Rick Deckard

Guru
100+ Post Club
5 Account Managers in house, each gets a few letters of the alphabet...A-C, D-G, etc...

As a producer I will be submitting new business. It would seem a completed application is required and there also seems to be a lot of moving pieces to it. In no particular order they include but not limited to...

-Data Entry into the computer, we are using AMS but I assume different agencies use different software. I don't like that because in the mortgage industry you had Fed Regulated forms that everyone would follow.

-Check on ownership of the actual property, might need to pull up the County Website to check against.

-Application MUST BE SIGNED BY INSURED

-RCE Completed...replacement cost estimator

-Wind Mitigation and 4 pt inspection on older homes, also MUST BE SIGNED, photos and then attach to the file in the computer.

-Proof of Prior...Declaration page which I am going to try to acquire from ALL my new clients.

-Elevation Cert-Flood...might not come up on every file. Down here in Florida it will come up some.

I consider all that as part of a competed application. I mention this as at some point I want to be able to pass the file on to my Acct Mgr so I can work on bringing in more new business. I also have quickly figured out these Acct Mgrs hate a couple of our sales guys because they don't complete their apps and then expect others to come by and clean up after them(not good)...I understand how this whole mindset from both sides is created and I want to simply ensure that I am doing everything on my end so that I can expect complete professionalism from my in house Acct Mgrs...you won't get their respect if you can't do what you are asking them to do.

Anyone with any insight into this for a newbie please chime in. I want to do a great job and be a shining example for others, not the guy Acct Mgrs are always grumbling about near the water cooler in the morning.

----------

FYI...I was confusing AMS with another bit of software we call Applied Rater or SemCat...anyways I have a little better idea now of the work flow.

Can't you look up the proof of prior in Florida?

I heard EZLynx has the data pre-fill feature built in.

Every time a prospect calls their existing agent for a declarations page, they know somethings up. If gives them a chance to conserve the business.

I would do everything possible to find that info another way.

Can't you look up the proof of prior in Florida?

I heard EZLynx has the data pre-fill feature built in.

Every time a prospect calls their existing agent for a declarations page, they know somethings up. If gives them a chance to conserve the business.

I would do everything possible to find that info another way.

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for posting up, appreciate the feedback. I understand your thought process on the Dec Page and you are correct, it could potentially send red flags. I also want to express that many times I simply ask the potential customer where their copy of the insurance policy is.

Remember Thomas, I tend to deal with high value properties or people who own $1M properties down here in Florida, many of them have metal file cabinets with every tax return, insurance policy, mortgage deed, securities investment and everything else financial from the last 20-30 years. There is a reason they have all this money, they tend to be good bookkeepers that I speak with. Many of them have their Declarations Page without the aid of their agent who many times they haven't spoken with in years.

But I agree in principle with your post.

Back