When People Laugh, They Buy.

I tried to be funny with a client the other day. Come to find out, he was burying his wife later in the day. Bit awkward, that was. He was funnier than me, though. Trying to get a policy that he could pay for with PayPal. Ha ha ha. He told me he only smoked cigars, one or two a week. He reeked of cigarettes and there were cigarette butts everywhere ( he lived alone with his wife gone). Ha ha ha. I told him he should really get a checking account, a real one with a real bank. He didn't think that was funny.

Comedy ain't easy.

But I sold him a damn policy. Ha ha ha.

Might've been leftover from his wife.:twitchy:

I agree.

Don't confuse comedy with charm. I'd rather be charming & pleasant, yet serious... than to try to be too funny or, even worse, light-minded about serious things.

I think it all comes down to trust, whether that trust is earned through humor, or solving a problem for a client, or just listening. People need to know that they can trust us.

I think it all comes down to trust, whether that trust is earned through humor, or solving a problem for a client, or just listening. People need to know that they can trust us.

Ain't that the truth. I just made a sale. The lady about porched me. She wasn't feeling well blah blah blah.

Pull the whole "I drove an hour to get out here."

Sat down with her and found out that five or six agents have been there before me but she was having a hard time affording $50 a month because she was a diabetic and that was the best they could offer her.

She had some other health concerns so I was looking through my bag and she made the comment "you are a whole lot more organized than those other guys."

She couldn't afford $50 with the other guys but bought $45.50 with me lol.

And I like to use humor, but it's hard when they're about to throw you out the door.

Come to find out, he was burying his wife later in the day.

I spoke with a new client recently that mentioned a good friend of his had just died. I mailed him a sympathy card...

I think anytime you can respond in some way with what is said by a client, you appear more "human" in their eyes. You're not just an order taker!

I spoke with a new client recently that mentioned a good friend of his had just died. I mailed him a sympathy card... I think anytime you can respond in some way with what is said by a client, you appear more "human" in their eyes. You're not just an order taker!

Oh I sell final expense. I am an order taker ;)

Back