Where should i go and how do i get out?

Dm15

I am currently with an imo that I would like to stop working with. My upline sucks no help with products and my questions. My first question is what i have to do to not be associated with imo? Is there a canceletion form or something similar? And my second question is any recommendations on imo to work with? I live in Ct and would like to focus on FE and mortgage protection. I would like someone or a company that will train, mentor and answer my questions. I would like to really grow in this industry.

I am currently with an imo that I would like to stop working with. My upline sucks no help with products and my questions. My first question is what i have to do to not be associated with imo? Is there a canceletion form or something similar? And my second question is any recommendations on imo to work with? I live in Ct and would like to focus on FE and mortgage protection. I would like someone or a company that will train, mentor and answer my questions. I would like to really grow in this industry.

Contact Todd King, 360 or Fexcontracting. They can assist you in your departure.

Rearden, Ben Boman, Spur City and Agentguy5 all mentor and all with 360.

First decide if you want FE or mortgage term. Successful agents don't do both.

Select a new upline carefully. Then get a release request form from them to approach the old IMO with.

Your new IMO can help you with or without the releases. But it would be better for everyone if they do release.

First decide if you want FE or mortgage term. Successful agents don't do both.

Select a new upline carefully. Then get a release request form from them to approach the old IMO with.

Your new IMO can help you with or without the releases. But it would be better for everyone if they do release.

Reciprocal releases are very common for imo's. However, check to see if you even need a release because you can get contracted with other carriers if you need to. Most will allow you to transfer after 6 months of non-production as long as you have no debt.

And I agree with the newbie: not too many agents do both. Focus on one and your time will be better spent. Call a few shops and find out who fits your needs best. I.e. If you need to be shown the ropes, then pick someone that can do field training with you. If you like phone sales, get appointed with voice signature or e-app carriers, etc..

Ask questions with whoever you talk to. Side note: a LOT of shops don't do anything for agents. It's a contract and that's it. A lot of over promising and under delivering. Good luck!!

Reciprocal releases are very common for imo's. However, check to see if you even need a release because you can get contracted with other carriers if you need to. Most will allow you to transfer after 6 months of non-production as long as you have no debt.

And I agree with the newbie: not too many agents do both. Focus on one and your time will be better spent. Call a few shops and find out who fits your needs best. I.e. If you need to be shown the ropes, then pick someone that can do field training with you. If you like phone sales, get appointed with voice signature or e-app carriers, etc..

Ask questions with whoever you talk to. Side note: a LOT of shops don't do anything for agents. It's a contract and that's it. A lot of over promising and under delivering. Good luck!!

I see you're new, so you don't realize that the "newbie" is an IMO. He's co-owner of fexcontracting. His username has nothing to do with being new. lol

Solid advice though.

Thanks for the reco, Howdy.

I detail how to leave your agency here.

The main thing is to not burn bridges if you can help it. This business has a funny way of changing 180 degrees suddenly, and your former IMO you left in haste and disgust, may become your lifeline.

Back