Why Does Everyone Want to Sell Life Over the Phone?

I guess I'm a tad confused over what exactly you mean. Are you criticizing cold calling as a means to prospect for life insurance sales?

I would definitely agree that the best way to build a practice is to network and call on those you already know to talk about your practice and look for new prospects through them. However, I would also point out that there is a degree of business you be drummed up from colder methods of prospecting--I've done it with a degree of success with small business owners. I think it depends greatly on your ability to build a relationship with people in either case. Some of my best clients and relationships have come from people who were prospected through a cold call. It has it's draw backs, but it can work.

On the other hand, if you mean purely people who think they can sit at a desk and talkin on the phone all day and make sales, I would say this is someone who isn't long for the business.

I'm selling exclusively on the phone. I have to disagree with you. Profitable and fun

Back