Working on a New Prospecting Idea

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I’m thinking about trying something new. It is the same concept as the doorhangers, but would be easier to do, leaves the client with a lot more info and still don’t cost a lot to try.

To start off with, I can get cheap plastic bags for about a penny each. I will place a client brochure like http://lifehappens.org/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28 this on in it. I also have a coupon book that I made that I will place in each bag. I went to a lot of businesses in Griffin and talked them into allowing me to make up a coupon book to hand out to people. Every business is hurting right now and if you are willing to print out the coupons for them and advertise for them, then they will jump on the idea. 10 percent off this and that. I also place my free credit report form inside. Click Here to see or use it. . This is really free and the law allows you to do it so many times a year for free. I use it every year. I’m also going to offer my free living will service inside of it. Click Here if you have not heard about my free living will prospecting system. I will also place the free living will prospecting letter inside. Click Here to see it. I am going to place my business card inside also.

I know a lot of people will just trash the bag. But most people will look inside of it before they trash it, just to see what it is. That is one reason why I’m going to place coupons, and a lot of stuff that I think they want inside.

I have not decided yet if I’m going to print on the bag or not. I’m not sure if they extra money is worth it. The bag is clear and they can see what it inside of it.

I see a lot of other people using this idea for other things besides insurance. The Mary K lady just left a plastic bag in my drive way this month, with a free sample. The yellowbook company does the same thing.

I think this would be faster than normal door hangers. I think that you can leave them with more good stuff also. Right now it is looking like it will cost me about 50 cents each prospect to try this. But I can always shave off a lot of that cost. I still have to decide what all I’m going to place inside of the bag.

I've always said when you don't know what to do try something. I'm going to check to make sure this is legal to do in my city. But I think I can do it. Everyone else does it already.

The same idea would work on hanging them on the doors, but this way is faster.

If you don't like this idea than don't try it But I wanted to give you something to think about and see if you could add anything good to the idea. Is there something else that you would add to the bag?

Moonlight you are too funny. I see that you try hard to bash me on every post.

This is not about the free living will. That is just one of the things you can place in the bag. This is about the plastic bag and placing them in drive ways idea and what all would you place in them and would it work or not.

Also I think agents need to learn some new prospecting ideas and love for someone to try to help them. Anytime you can come up with an idea or try to help some of us on the forum, please do. We are all waiting on you to do something good on this forum.

I for one am greatful for the good ideas that Mark has. Granted, they might not work for everyone, but they have definitely given me some great places to start in this business. I think the bags are a good idea, but I wonder if it would be easier to put them in their paper box. I don't know if you guys have a paper box next to the mail box, but around here, almost everyone does. I'm actually thinking about putting the living will letter in them instead of the door hanger. I thought it might be faster than going to each door. What do you guys think?

The only problem is that I'm not sure if you would be allowed to place them in the newspaper box and not everyone has one. I know you can't place them anywhere near the mailbox.

The driveways just seems like the next best thing, if you are lazy and don't want to walk up to each house and would be a lot faster.

I also want to talk some local businesses into doing some cost sharing on this idea, or might even make it where they pay for the whole thing.

Excellent concept . . .

However - Placing a bag or object pertaining to advertising, that was not asked to be received by the resident, in a resident's driveway / newspaper box, etc is considered "litter" in Chatham County, GA.

Thus - should someone be out of town - or have even moved - then the bag sits there and perhaps "blows" into the street by the wind or gets carried off by a stray dog.

Be careful and check your ordinances.

Tom

Happy St Patty's Day Mooooooon.

Seriously : MarkinGriffin, you are a great salesman and marketer.

M&M is equally as great , but his recurring theme takes a realistic approach that cold-calling is not worthwhile anyhow, anyway.

Politically speaking, I will drink to the both of yous.

Me, myself and I agree on this ... you are both great salesmen.

I appreciate it.

I liked Mark's door hanger idea but I figured it would be way cheaper to buy the bags and stuff them with info. So I totally agree with Mark on this. This is way more cost effective. They're door hanger bags! Don't be lazy, hang them on the doors where they belong. I might be mad if someone threw a bag in my driveway. I'd think they were too lazy to hang them on the door. Never mind if the inserts got scattered across my driveway or lawn. This could turn into fines really fast. Does anyone on the forum offer litter insurance?

Okay, an update on this project. I've talked 3 other business into paying for this project. The bag is big enough to take their stuff also, and I don't mind doing it. I'm getting the printing company to do most of the work for me, putting them together. I'm still working on a coupon book to place in there, I'm not done talking to some business that I want coupons from. I was able to get the free 3 dollar car wash to everyone. Before you say anything, trust me, everyone in GA, wants/needs a free carwash.

I've talked to the city about this, and the bottom line is that if someone tells me to come pick it up out of their driveway, I will have to come back and get it, or get fined. I'm willing to go pick them back up upon request.

I will be placing them in the driveway. Yes, I'm allowed to be lazy sometimes. I'm just going for the numbers and speed of it and it is not costing me anything anyways. I decided that I will wake up like at 5 am and do this before people way up.

Latest posts

Back