2017 Open Enrollment Commissions

I've got pretty big (400+) Indiv book - no hurry to run away from that. Wherever possible am putting them in Grp

Main thing is, after OE, am letting them know they will have to call he carriers for servicing.

After OE, am doing a big Grp campaign - Indiv is making me crazy.

I just wish the companies would go ahead and say. Had a rep at an fmo tell me it didnt look good for bcbs in GA to pay anything in 2017.

I'm operating on the assumption they will not be paying commission. I'm betting one-by-one they will announce. I have not been actively seeking IHP business but was enrolling folks as they fell in my lap.

I just hope this doesn't bleed over into the Med Adv and Med Supp Market

Just got an email from BCBS AZ - 0% on new plans

2% to 4.5% on 13 month+ older plans depending on volume

I think every sm grp broker in Chicago should quit so I can have their cases :cool:

----------

I'm operating on the assumption they will not be paying commission. I'm betting one-by-one they will announce. I have not been actively seeking IHP business but was enrolling folks as they fell in my lap.

I just hope this doesn't bleed over into the Med Adv and Med Supp Market

That market should be OK - the ins co's are getting theirs. IHP, they're bleeding.

I bet once the Exch & IHP direct biz settles into profitability, they'll be competing for our biz again. May take a few yrs.

I was around in the 00's - when they were competing for us with high comms, bonuses, trips... We'll see

BCBS of TN announced no on or off exchange plans will be offered in Memphis/Nashville/Knoxville. Only Chattanooga and some rural markets will be offered. No commission on any plans.

I assume Chattanooga is still where their HO is located. If so, seems logical they would play politics there and screw the other major cities.

Also assuming Memphis BX was absorbed some time ago by the larger TN Blue plan.

Yep, HQ is still in Chattanooga. Commissions were $19 a month first year and $9 per month renewal.

I guess I can't complain. Idaho companies are still paying between 10-11.50 per head up to 5 heads per policy. Plus most have some sort of bonus program. I guess I'm glad I wasn't in the business 5 years ago.

Here's news from BCBS of Michigan:

"Effective Jan. 1, agents selling individual policies compliant to the Affordable Care Act's 10 essential benefits — on or off the marketplace — will receive a flat 2 percent commission, according to a Sept. 30 Blue Cross memo to agents.

Agents who qualify for Blue Cross' "select" tier will be paid by Blue Care Network 6 percent for the first year and 3 percent for renewals. Blue Cross plans will pay a 4 percent commission for the first year and 2 percent for renewal.

During special enrollment April 1 to Dec. 1, 2017, Blue Cross will pay agents a flat 1 percent for all plans, excluding dental or vision plans."

Source: http://www.crainsdetroit.com/articl...gent-commissions-on-individual-group-policies

Meeting today, Blue Cross in Texas. On exchange and off exchange, tiered commission rates. This is based on your 2015 individual production. 1-25 apps, 3%, 25-99, 4%, 99+ 5%. All renewals at 1/2 of first year commission. No pay outside open enrollment at this time. PPO's are gone forever for them. Better than nothing, and that was the way we were told.

Meeting today, Blue Cross in Texas. On exchange and off exchange, tiered commission rates. This is based on your 2015 individual production. 1-25 apps, 3%, 25-99, 4%, 99+ 5%. All renewals at 1/2 of first year commission. No pay outside open enrollment at this time. PPO's are gone forever for them. Better than nothing, and that was the way we were told.

TX agents (including myself) are not allowed to complain about our comp in 2017.

Thanks for posting!

Back