58 Year Old Male on SSDI/No Health Insurance

RonRoberts

Guru
100+ Post Club
I recently visited and sold a 58 year old husband and wife two life insurance policies. The man is on SSDI with no health insurance. Once his two year wait is up will he pretty much have to go with a Med Advantage product or will he be able to purchase a Med supp?

Thanks,
Ron

depends on ur state rules....look em up....usually ma plans are the better deal since the value on a GI under 65 med supp is crap, esp since in some states u can only get plan c /b/a --some garbage like that-

Why not put him on PCIP for now? Later when he is Medicare eligible write an MA plan.

If your state is like most he will have to rob a bank to pay the gap premiums.

Why not put him on PCIP for now? Later when he is Medicare eligible write an MA plan.

If your state is like most he will have to rob a bank to pay the gap premiums.

Thanks for the PCIP info. I will forward this to my client asap.

You won't make any money on PCIP but you will earn their respect and that can go a long way toward putting money in your pocket in the future.

You won't make any money on PCIP but you will earn their respect and that can go a long way toward putting money in your pocket in the future.

Sounds good to me. What goes around comes around so I don't mind a little delayed gratification.

Back