ACA Multiple Accounts Fix

healther

Guru
100+ Post Club
I'm sure many of you have run into this scenario...

Client received help from a Navigator last year, wants professional help this year.

However, the client does not have their E-mail address (navigator assigned one), does not have their Username (navigator assigned one), does not have their Password (navigator assigned one).

Is the only way to update this client's plan via phone call through the Marketplace?

Or have any of you had success helping them create a new account? The marketplace keeps recommending starting a new account and linking through the "find application" function. Any success out there?

If you have access to a carrier direct enroll then complete a new app through the carrier. Have completed a few like this and nothing is ever brought up about what they've have done in the past.

If you have access to a carrier direct enroll then complete a new app through the carrier. Have completed a few like this and nothing is ever brought up about what they've have done in the past.

Thank you for the help!

But I just tried it and it gave me an "Access Denied" page...

What if you did healthsherpa? I had an appointment similar to this today.. didn't know password, tried reset, no reset email after multiple attempts, called in to hc.gov, they said locked for 24 hours (just bs standard reply), we just used healthsherpa and it took 5 minutes.. had response almost immediately.

The access denied message could be one of three things.
  • The agent does not have the FFM Broker Role
  • There is an issue with the FFM Broker Role
  • The agent is trying to use their consumer account to access the broker portal

As the technical liaison for InsxCloud, I've fixed this issue for many agents. Once you have access, you can complete an application on behalf of the individual without requiring the individual's username or password from last year. You can also pull back their 2014 app to auto-populate the 2015 application.

Luke Mattson
Technical Liaison
InsxCloud

Do they issue the federal marketplace award letter?

No entity can issue an award letter outside of CMS. Further, information cannot be populated onto the app per CMS guidelines. The information has to be keyed into the app by someone. You can pay for a software that allows you to key in the information, or you can pay someone $25 an app to key in 10 minutes worth of data for you.

Luke Mattson
Technial Liaison
InsxCloud

Back