Advertising, Radio, Online Newspaper

Senateguy

Expert
I am about to meet with some ad sales reps from some dif medias tomorrow. we are an up and coming online health insurance brokerage firm. We have all the major plans in florida and have pretty good annualized contracts with just about everyone.

My question for the board is this..

What do you think the right demographic to target. Thats the money shot.

I think the right guy to target in searching for quality health leads would be women 38-58 who have families -- and maybe self-employed men 45-58.

I was thinking about advertising on the dave ramsey station here in town.

My only worries is -- aren't the Dave Ramsey Listeners broke??

--

The other thing I am doing is putting up an ad block on the major newspaper's online paper.

They said they can get me 50,000 impressions for about 1,000 bucks.

I figured - if I can get a click through ratio of maybe .75% -- that would get me about 350 clicks. If I can turn that into 10 sales. That would be gold.

What do you guys think?

I don't want to put up our site for privacy reasons.

Hmmm, I'm always confused by people who cite privacy reasons to not list public sites. I'm assuming you didn't list it because you don't want to, which is fine.

I don't know Florida, so probably not much of a help. I also don't know your business, so I really can't help you out. If you give me a link to your site, so I can see what types of things you target, I might be able to provide some insight.

Beyond that....
Getting a click through ratio of 0.75 would be amazing. Remember, these aren't targeted impressions, most people ignore banners, and it's hard to get people excited about clicking to get health insurance, unless they need to go to the doctor right away.

Getting 1 sale in 35 clicks might be doable. I would more think you would get 1 solid lead in 35 clicks, that could be nurtured into a sale at some point. You might need to add a pretty significant lag factor into the business model planning.

Dan

Ramsey followers are either broke or flush. Probably some in between, but most of the call in folks don't seem to fit that mold.

Radio advertising works (I suppose) if you are Blue or Mega and have a pitch to the self employed. Can't say I have heard advertising for brokerage agencies in the health biz.

Seems to me you need name recognition or some kind of hoaky sizzle pitch (like you can never be singled out for a rate increase).

Trying to get 50,000 hits online is great if you are selling sex. Might take a while (and more than $1000) if you are selling insurance.

The target market is right. Not sure you are going to hit it the way you are going now.

Sounds like you have $$$ to burn.

Go for it.

Back