America's Health Team.

mswebb06

Super Genius
AHT is now invading my area or that is what the regionalmanager said anyway. It looks like they are offering Assurant (I have an assurant contract anyway), New Era (Health), United American. They also do AIG for Life. Should I even sit down and talk to these guys to see what they have to offer or would it be a complete waste of time.

Only from what I've heard from former AHT agents; they start you at 10% commish and mainly have you cold calling. The structure mirrors Mega/UGA with sales reps, district managers, division managers and regional managers.

Well let me call the RM back and have a little meeting with him and see what he has to say. Hopefully they are not treating new or experienced agents like that, but I have a feeling they might...

Also yet another classic example of no release. You are likely promised the world but just in case you want to move your appointment you'll come to find you have to go 6 months without writing business.

You'll also need to find out if you're paid directly by Assurant. If so at least that's a plus. If not, run - do not walk away from these guys.

I do not recommend signing up through any agency that does not offer a release upfront.

I met wth AHT about this time last year, at the current time they were only doing Assurant's worksite health plans. They did not promise me the sky or the world by any means, they said treat this like a "40 hour" work week and you will make 60K your first year. No pie in the sky or nothing, I am not a gulliable indvidiual by any means I was burned when I was younger by marketing organizations so I can see these "pie in the sky" organizations coming from a mile away.

I am not endorsing AHT by any means, but I do not have anything negative to say about them either. I asked about an upfront release their response "We release all agents who have a free and clear debt balance", I also have that in writing with the correct signatures. I simply had no intentions of getting into the worksite market or I would have joined them, yes you are paid direct by the carriers.

Back