Anthem to Buy Cigna for $48B

CIGNA people will have a really hard time integrating into ANTHEM. The two cultures are like Day and Night.. Kalamazoo and New York..respectively.

Come to think of it, Anthem will most likely give most of them a pink slip, as they won't be needed.

Even thought the actual deal won't be approved by the FEDS until late 2016 or in 2017, do you think Anthem will begin "working with" Cigna to water down (oops..I mean "Re-Align") Cigna's plans to Anthem standards right away?

I worked for Anthem for one year and can attest to the fact that they are the WORST carrier I have ever worked for! Their management team for TN is blatantly incompetent and down right ignorant of MAPD's, their MAPD plans are the least competitive in the market, they do not pay the doctors in a timely manner, they do not have an adequate provider network, they promise members services they cannot access, because they don't have the providers and they refuse to have an adequate provider relations staff to address these issues. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE company! RUN!!!!!! It is abhorrent that CMS allows Anthem/Amerigrop to continue to do business in TN as a Medicaid Administrator and as a seller of MAPD plans. The regulators are not doing their jobs by allowing this company to get gov't money and NOT provide the services they are being paid to provide. Since Cigna just got sanctioned, I can only hope that Anthem/Amerigroup is NEXT. They do not deserve to be in business.

Once the transition occurs, will Cigna/Anthem still operate in the state where Cigna is now or only states that Anthem is currently in? Any thoughts on this...

Back