Anthem Joins the Party on Commission Cuts in VA....

dgoldenz

Virginia
Didn't get a single notice about comp cuts until today when I received my statement and noticed the decrease. 10% (down from 15%) starting 1/1/11. Guess I was dreaming thinking they'd hold the line...

wow down to 10% huh wow...is that all there is, or can you get more based on production like with uhc (14-15) & humana (13)?

Just 10% flat. Wish they would offer a production bonus because I write a ton of Anthem policies. They do bonus programs once in a while, so we'll see what happens. On the other hand, Anthem also pays on people rated higher than the best risk class (H1 and GR don't pay on rate-ups), so it sort of works out when I get people that aren't in perfect health. They also make my job easier by having premiums that are lower than everyone else, being the only company with an affordable maternity rider, and not excluding any pre-ex.

Last edited:
Anthem also pays on people rated higher than the best risk class (H1 and GR don't pay on rate-ups)

that's quite a good point, at least if you need to go back and re-sell a 50% rate up you will be paid for your efforts.

And makes commission accounting easier, you don't have to figure out commissionable vs non-commissionable premium.

Back