Any Colorado Agents Interested in a Website?

K-Dub

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Colorado
I'm looking to possibly sell my Health Insurance Website should a reasonable offer come along. I created the site back in 2006, and just don't have the time and effort anymore to keep up with it. I'm pretty much out of the insurance business now, living in a different state in a totally different line of work. When I was really working it, using Quotit as a quote engine I would average anywhere between 15-30 exclusive leads a month. These are not bought leads that were imported, they actually filled out my quote form and browsed plans. (I have proof of this and even have all my old leads stored). The website is currently ranked #2 on google for "Colorado Health Insurance", and top 20 with Yahoo and MSN.

The problem is I haven't really seen a post regarding this in the past, so I'm not sure where to start in this process. I find it tough to put a value on a website like this that doesn't produce actual product revenue.

If interested e-mail me: [email protected] Or feel free to offer some advice on this issue. Maybe it would make more sense just to keep it parked, I'm just not sure.

Thanks!

It really doesn't generate any leads now due to the fact that I don't have a way for people to input their information. I will get an occasional call or email, but that's about it.

Last month it had 276 unique visitors and 425 visits. Over the past year it has average about 220-300 unique visitors and 300-500 visits. Is that good for an insurance website, I couldn't tell ya. If it was tweaked and updated with blogs and the latest information I'm sure it would be more.

I really don't have a set price right now. I'd probably be looking for the price of a years worth of leads at the non-exclusive lead price. I guess this would be a ballpark figure...or 100 billion would also work! :)

I really don't have a set price right now. I'd probably be looking for the price of a years worth of leads at the non-exclusive lead price. I guess this would be a ballpark figure...or 100 billion would also work! :)

Since you have traffic metrics and not lead conversion metrics you might want to value your site based upon traffic. A buyer would want to know it could get qualified traffic more cost effectively than via Google Adwords. Google's cost per click (CPC) for "Colorado Health Insurance" is $10.70. Similar terms range from $5 - 10. Alexa shows your top keywords as:

1 what you pay nothing after deductible mean 21.55% 2 colorado health insurance 18.68% 3 littleton colorado insurance 16.43% 4 explain how to choose medical insurance to me 12.22%

This suggests that a large portion of your traffic may be non-targeted and of marginal value. If you set your average CPC at $5 it suggests that a year's worth of your traffic is worth about $30,000 ($5 X 500 visits X 12 months). Pick a multiple of that value to reflect the annual annuity you are creating and you have your asking price.

If you have a Google Analytics account you will be able to show a potential buyer the number of visitors by keyword. That will be the best way to establish value. The data is much more reliable than what Alexa shows.

• The site is almost 5 and a half years old per Whois.
  • It has 116 back links per Yahoo!
  • 33 of those links are from unique domains.
  • It has 30 indexed pages per Google.
  • It has keywords in the domain name.
It needs a major face lift, but somebody should make an offer based on the domain age alone. The traffic it gets isn't the only issue, it is the traffic it could get if some work was put into it.

Time is money and it would take a lot less time and/or money to get a site like this into the black when compared to a new domain.

If I didn't have two dozen sites to manage, I'd make an offer myself.

Back