Any Dental Plans........

She wants to find one with no waiting periods. Not a problem for cleanings, but a problem for other. I don't have one that I am aware of that doesn't. I will see what UHC or Humana have to offer as I am set up with them.

Depending on your state, there are some, with immediate coverage, Delta "Clear" plan if they are in your state, don't work with agents on individual, but their immediate coverage plan is one of the simpler ones.

Dominion National's Select and Select Premier have a schedule of prices for procedures, but a narrow network. There must be other similar plans in other states.

Central's plan is graduated benefits, and some things have a year wait. Sub of Manhattan Life.

Also Security Life has some up front, graduated, and they cover implants.

Ameritas has the best individual dental I've seen. Sell it if you like your clients. Forget about it making much money. 55% commission loans are akin to stealing. Forget about 0 waiting periods on individual dental. Ain't gonna happen.

Ameritas has the best individual dental I've seen. Sell it if you like your clients. Forget about it making much money. 55% commission loans are akin to stealing. Forget about 0 waiting periods on individual dental. Ain't gonna happen.

Isn't that the one that took over Security Life? What's the max they'll pay for vision in a year. Hearing?

dentalplans.com offers a dental discount plan. They have an affiliate program if you are interested.

Cigna has the dental insurance plan I like best in Connecticut. No waiting period if they have had their current coverage for a year.

$35 commission makes it not worth selling by itself. But if you just sold someone a health or MA plan, Cigna might as well pay for lunch.

Isn't that the one that took over Security Life? What's the max they'll pay for vision in a year. Hearing?

I don't know their vision plans. They used to have something on their individual plans - perhaps using VSP's network. I've never believed in vision because anyone that can actually budget their money comes out better without paying for separate vision coverage. A possible economic case can be made for buying group vision every other year if there is access through a group with a 125 plan.

Dental (at least if a decent group plan) is useful and makes sense for those that will use the preventive. Preventive benefits received should be about what the premium is especially when a 125 plan is in effect. (All groups should have a 125 if there are employee contributions.)

The Ameritas individual dental isn't as good as group but can work for those willing to keep it past the waiting periods for major services especially if self-employed. A client was getting an implant and no individual plan that I know of covers those. I don't think Ameritas or DeltaDental cover them under 6 or 10 lives.

Last edited:
I don't know their vision plans. They used to have something on their individual plans - perhaps using VSP's network. I've never believed in vision because anyone that can actually budget their money comes out better without paying for separate vision coverage. A possible economic case can be made for buying group vision every other year if there is access through a group with a 125 plan.

Dental (at least if a decent group plan) is useful and makes sense for those that will use the preventive. Preventive benefits received should be about what the premium is especially when a 125 plan is in effect. (All groups should have a 125 if there are employee contributions.)

The Ameritas individual dental isn't as good as group but can work for those willing to keep it past the waiting periods for major services especially if self-employed. A client was getting an implant and no individual plan that I know of covers those. I don't think Ameritas or DeltaDental cover them under 6 or 10 lives.

I was never excited about individual dental plans before. I have Security Life, which Ameritas just bought, but have never sold it.

You should take a look at CUL's DVH plan. No network, no wait on preventive or basic, pays on actual charges, no wait on pre-existing if they haven't had a dentist see it, guaranteed renewable for life. The main thing that makes them stand out to me, is that you can use the whole annual amount($1,000 or $1,500) on any, or all of the 3(D, V R H). All the plans I've seen have a limit on the vision, like $300 over a 2 year period(my bi-focals cost more than that and I might want a spare set), or $200 on hearing aids. With this plan, you could use the whole $1,500 towards hearing aids. I just took one out for myself.

I'm actually going to feel ok about selling this plan, and it's profitable too.

Last edited:
I was never excited about individual dental plans before. I have Security Life, which Ameritas just bought, but have never sold it.

You should take a look at CUL's DVH plan. No network, no wait on preventive or basic, pays on actual charges, no wait on pre-existing if they haven't had a dentist see it, guaranteed renewable for life. The main thing that makes them stand out to me, is that you can use the whole annual amount($1,000 or $1,500) on any, or all of the 3(D, V R H). All the plans I've seen have a limit on the vision, like $300 over a 2 year period(my bi-focals cost more than that and I might want a spare set), or $200 on hearing aids. With this plan, you could use the whole $1,500 towards hearing aids. I just took one out for myself(I get 55% off the 1st year, haha).

I'm actually going to feel ok about selling this plan, and it's profitable too.

Considering my HAs cost $4700, the $1500 would have come in handy. But, it does have a twelve month waiting period for new hearing aids. Still would not have been bad to pay in $372 and collected $1500.

Considering my HAs cost $4700, the $1500 would have come in handy. But, it does have a twelve month waiting period for new hearing aids. Still would not have been bad to pay in $372 and collected $1500.

I thought it was the best D/V/H plan out there already(thanks for telling me about CUL), and they've been making it better by changing to actual charges, raising the issue age to 85 and making it guaranteed renewable for life.

With your commissions, it wouldn't have cost you that much.

Latest posts

Back