Any Interest in Receiving Compensation for ACA Compliant Healthshare Plans?

No but I believe some healthshares are considered MEC or as having a QHP if hey were in place before 1993. Forgive me but I'm not in a spot where I can reference the specifics of what make a healthshare a compliant plan in the given eyes.

They discriminate against drinkers and smokers. It is not compliant. Is birth control even covered?
It is not insurance. It is not m.e.c. It may qualify for exemption if on the list of approved ministries.

----------

I don't care about a 25 yr old policy

I would assume that EVERY one of you who decides to sell this crap also is committed to each of the principles that are an integral part of the package:

Medi-Share Membership is built on a foundation of like ideals agreed upon by the Members. The peace of mind of knowing the people sharing your contributions are not using your money for things that conflict with your faith is a blessing many Members enjoy.

All adult Members age 18 and older must attest to a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. A church leader may be interviewed to verify their testimony.

Adult Members profess the following Statement of Faith to qualify for Medi-Share membership:

• I believe that there is only one God (Deuteronomy 6:4) eternally existing in three Persons: the Father, Jesus Christ the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19). I believe Jesus is God, in equal standing with the Father and the Holy Spirit (Colossians 1:15-20, 2:9).
• I believe the Bible is God's written revelation to man and is verbally inspired, authoritative and without error (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
• I believe in the deity of Jesus Christ—who existed as God before anything was created (John 1:1), His virgin birth (Matthew 1:23), sinless life (Hebrews 4:15), miracles, death on the cross to provide for our redemption (1 Peter 2:24), bodily resurrection and ascension into heaven (1 Corinthians 15:3-8), present ministry of intercession for us (Hebrews 7:24-25) and His return to earth in power and glory (Matthew 24:30). He is the world's only Savior and is the Lord of all (John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Isaiah 45:21-23).
• I believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit (Acts 5:3-4), that He performs the miracle of new birth in an unbeliever and indwells believers (1 Corinthians 3:16), enabling them to live a godly life (Romans 8:14).
• I believe man was created in the image of God, but because of sin was alienated from God. Alienation can be removed by accepting God's gift of salvation by grace through faith (Ephesians 2:8-10) which was made possible by Christ's death and resurrection. This faith will be evidenced by the works that we do ( James 2:17, 26).

All Members agree to the following:
• Live by biblical standards
• Believers are to bear one another's burdens
• Attend and actively support a fellowship of believers regularly

B. Healthy Lifestyle

Members highly value the biblical principle that our physical bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit and should be kept pure. Members should strive to maintain healthy lifestyles, as this glorifies God and keeps medical costs down. Examples of unhealthy lifestyles include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use of tobacco
• Use of Illegal Drugs

Applicants need to have abstained from the use of tobacco or Illegal Drugs for at least the 12 months prior to application in order to be eligible for membership. Applicants attest that they have not abused legal drugs, such as prescriptions or over-the-counter medication, or alcohol for at least the 12 months prior to application in order to be eligible for membership.

Members must only engage in sexual relations within a Biblical Christian Marriage.

An adult child (18-22) needs to meet the same faith and lifestyle requirements expected of all adult Members in order to stay on his or her parent(s) household membership. The child and parent must both certify that the child understands and lives by these requirements. If certification is received within 60 days of a child’s 18th birthday, the child's membership may continue. If not, only medical bills incurred before the 18th birthday will be considered for sharing.

F. Pregnancies of Unwed Mothers

Members agree that sex should be exclusively within Biblical Christian Marriage. Thus, maternity medical expenses for newborns conceived outside of marriage are ineligible for sharing. Pregnancies resulting from rape reported to a law enforcement authority are the only exception.

In order to encourage and support the preservation of the lives of these unborn children, Christian Care Ministry is dedicated to assist in arranging for maternity and adoption services through Christian organizations.

Since mybody is a temple of the Holy Spirit, does that mean Type II diabetes aren't covered?

What about high blood pressure if I don't have a perfect BMI?

Just wondering.

(I really need to make a list. So everytime some asks me to sell these, I can just email them my questions)

Since mybody is a temple of the Holy Spirit, does that mean Type II diabetes aren't covered?

What about high blood pressure if I don't have a perfect BMI?

Just wondering.

(I really need to make a list. So everytime some asks me to sell these, I can just email them my questions)

Just send them the above eligibility requirements and ask them if they have any more questions...

Just send them the above eligibility requirements and ask them if they have any more questions...

3 clients at church today asked me about them.

"They are not insurance and they may work great when you break your arm, but its not going to work when you have to call Children's and ask about chemo coverage. Even though its going to cost me money, I have made the decision that KG will not sell CSM plans. At some point, its about me and my ability to sleep at night"

KG brings up a question for me. Where I live, the plans are all narrow network and all pretty much within state lines. Some of the best hospitals in the country are about 40 minutes away yet are in another state and not in-network with any individual plans. Do these healthshare plans have similar restrictions or might this provide an option where these hospitals could actually be utilized?

The one medishare plan in question has a 3 year cap on pre ex and then is unlimited. 15k yr 1, 10k yr 2, 20k yr 3.

Latest posts

Back