Anybody familiar with America's Health Team?

Newby

Guru
5000 Post Club
A friend of mine just signed on with America's Health Team LLC of Goodlettsville, TN and is all fired up about them. He is brand new to health insurance but has been a life agent for years. He worked in pre-need like me so we are from a little different world than most agents.

He's signing on in management and going to start recruiting a team.

Anybody know anything about this company? Thanks!

The only thing I can tell you about them is that they obviously let a life agent, with admittedly no health experience, be a manager and create a team.

http://americashealthteam.com/

Interesting - for health is appears they just sell Assurant and UA. Seems to follow a UGA mentality - wouldn't be surprised if this outfit is being run by former Mega managers. I'd want to know what the commission levels are and lead program. I see they tout in-class training which is very nice.

And like Sam points out, how would he be qualified to manage?

Seems to be run by Don Vincent who has at least been in the biz since 1990. Could actually be a nice deal. Someone would have to ask the right questions.

LicenseStatusProfessionOriginalExpirationNameAddressAttn 717641 CURRENT,Not ApplicabINSURANCE PRODUCER 12/19/1990 12/18/2007 VINCENT, DONALD C677 NORTHRIDGE DRIVE,,GALLATIN,TN 37066

A friend of mine just signed on with America's Health Team LLC of Goodlettsville, TN and is all fired up about them. He is brand new to health insurance but has been a life agent for years. He worked in pre-need like me so we are from a little different world than most agents.

Have you found out anything about the training system, level of commissions, etc.

Same concern I have. He passed his health licensing test 4-days ago so now he is qualified to recruit and train people? I know that I could have the best health prospect in front of me right now with their checkbook on the table and I wouldn't have a clue what to do with them. I assume he is about the same.

He is not real gullable but I wonder if he has any clue what he is getting into. Just wondered if anybody knew anything for sure about them. I will try to get more info.

I worked for them. A friend had signed me up. I'm now going with HCO and it is looking to be a LOT better.

I was there 4 months and never once got a commission statement. Direct deposit was never put through correctly. Oh, and I was given the generous starting commission of 10% on my Assurant policies. So the venerable D. Vincent obviously has no problem giving his managers a 15% override. LOFL. (If he doesn't have a problem with that then what else doesn't he have a problem with?)

Previous comment about hiring former MEGA/UA managers is spot-on. The training wasn't bad but it was ALL sales training and it was very specific to UA style techniques.

You might consider going there and letting them train you, then just signing up with Health Choice One for every carrier except Assurant. Then, just sell Assurant via AHT when it happens to be right.

I doubt very much there is any chance of getting released, so I didn't even bother asking. I'll just wait the 3 months without writing Assurant. They aren't really competitive here so it's not a big deal for me.

Back