Anyone Heard of USHealth Advisors?

Hey guys...I am new to the insurance sales thing. I have spent my career in medical and dental sales and recently laid off. All the insurance companies are capturing my resume from Career Builder. I know nothing about insurance sales other than a friend of mine sells it and my cousin has a school. Is this a valid career and who is USHA and Liberty National and American Income Life. They are coming out of the woodwork and blowing up my email. Should I stay in medical/ dental sales or give insurance a try????

Probably not the best time to jump into insurance.

Is it the best time to jump into anything right now??? Every industry is 'tanking'. ok, I will stay clear of insurance but I will say that my friend is selling life like no tomorrow. she says folks are scared and are buying it up like crazy. of course she has been in insurance for 26 years and people come to her. she was questionable about me making a career of it right now with no leads, just cold- calling. What's a girl to do to make a living????

Insuregal

Just wait for the first phone call -- even though you "thought" you disclosed everything -- your client did not "hear" or "remember" what you said it didn't cover and now they have insurance that covers a limited amount on their cancer bill. Then when you're looking in that mirror you can tell yourself you did the best for the client that you could, you disclosed, disclosed, disclosed and made more money for yourself. So if you can do that then you're good to go.

You can layer coverage with many other companies and get much better coverage than US Health provides. I don't know about the rates in CA but in TX their limited plans cost as much as or more than the true major med plans, with approximately the same deductibles, etc.

When you say you love that they can say I have $300 to spend and you can design a plan to fit that dollar amount. Since when can't you do the same thing with other companies by changing deductibles and coinsurance?? Don't they pay extra for the annual wellness checks when that's included in the premium with all the true major med plans? (I know, I know, nothing is free, it's paid for somewhere!)

Their plans are copy written and can't be duplicated :D

I know everyone looks at everything from different viewpoints but until you or someone close to you has had a major illness you cannot possibly know how important good coverage is. Originally health insurance was to protect in case something major happened not for a small copay, etc.

And I do realize that something is better than nothing and everyone has to make their own decision. Most professional agents on here have made the decision not to offer stuff like US Health and it's for a very good reason.

I'm wondering what all these limited plan companies are going to do in 2014?? For some reason the companies are pushing them like crazy right now.

USHA guy called me trying to convince me to sign on with them. Claims they provide all leads and guarantee they not only are people that requested info, but are also local to my area so I could even go see them in person if I preferred.

Said CIGNA was their major carrier.

They still have that $90 fee to get appointed.....which I find really annoying.

They know just what to say to lure people in. I mean I don't know jack squat about selling $300+/month health insurance plans and no clue how to prospect for that. He made it sound very tempting to have the dialer call on "leads" that requested info.

CIGNA obviously is a recognizable name to me as well.

But you guys make it sound like it's a bad move and in the forum I trust....

If they said CIGNA is their major carrier that is a flat out lie! The only carrier that USHA uses is Freedom Life Insurance Company.

USHA guy called me trying to convince me to sign on with them. Claims they provide all leads and guarantee they not only are people that requested info, but are also local to my area so I could even go see them in person if I preferred.

They know just what to say to lure people in. I mean I don't know jack squat about selling $300+/month health insurance plans and no clue how to prospect for that. He made it sound very tempting to have the dialer call on "leads" that requested info.

I've been visiting this site because of the great information from all of you. Now I have a question to ask. Has anyone heard of USHealth Advisors? They have contacted me to sell their telephonic health insurance. I googled them but didn't find much info. They seem fine, but I have never heard of them and they want me to get contracted as soon as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
Yes, I am an agent with USHealth Advisors. While USHealth Advisors was formed as a partnership to help small businesses, self-employed and individuals/families in 2006, USHealth Group has been going strong for 50 years. USHEalth Advisors, with Cigna Great WEst being one of its partners, offers comprehensive, customizable health coverage, not subject the mandates of the Affordable Care Act because they are not classifed as "major medical". Our business model is patented, and we offer benefits that are not found anywhere else.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is not correct information. USHealth offers significantly better benefits, which means more value for every dollar invested. As a matter of fact, they are the recipients of two Stevie Awards, and one of the fastest growing providers of health coverage in the country.
We would be happy to address any "red flags". I never advise anyone to make a choice without complete information. I would urge you to all the agent back that you were talking with and make some time to sit down with him and see what we are all about. Then make a decision.

USHealth Advisors requires an agent who is signing on with them to pay the $90 background check fee, as well as invest in their own license. This was done because, when they were paying for everything, other insurance companies would send their new agents to them, under the pretext of working with USHealth, to obtain their licenses. Asking newly-appointed agents to invest a small amount in their own endeavors, to take a step in building trust with the business they want to work with, is a good thing.
Yes, I am an agent with USHealth Advisors. While USHealth Advisors was formed as a partnership to help small businesses, self-employed and individuals/families in 2006, USHealth Group has been going strong for 50 years. USHEalth Advisors, with Cigna Great WEst being one of its partners, offers comprehensive, customizable health coverage, not subject the mandates of the Affordable Care Act because they are not classifed as "major medical". Our business model is patented, and we offer benefits that are not found anywhere else.
This is not correct information. USHealth offers significantly better benefits, which means more value for every dollar invested. As a matter of fact, they are the recipients of two Stevie Awards, and one of the fastest growing providers of health coverage in the country.
We would be happy to address any "red flags". I never advise anyone to make a choice without complete information. I would urge you to all the agent back that you were talking with and make some time to sit down with him and see what we are all about. Then make a decision.

USHealth Advisors requires an agent who is signing on with them to pay the $90 background check fee, as well as invest in their own license. This was done because, when they were paying for everything, other insurance companies would send their new agents to them, under the pretext of working with USHealth, to obtain their licenses. Asking newly-appointed agents to invest a small amount in their own endeavors, to take a step in building trust with the business they want to work with, is a good thing.
Cigna Great West is one of USHealth's partners, as is the American Independent Business Council.
This is going to be interesting! My first post, obviously. I am entering my third year as a health agent. I have mostly sold Medicare plans thru UHC, Anthem and Health Net.

My commissions cannot keep up with the cost of living in California and my clients dieing. And the agent competition increases every day with Medicare. So I decided to try US Health Group (Advisors in the marketing leg). I have been studying the material for days. I am about as detail oriented as one can be and I see the problems where others do not. It is both a curse and a blessing.

Here is my take on USHG plans.
First a disclaimer: No one should sell insurance that does not advise their client to be proactive. Ask every question, read the fine print, make sure you are covered for everything that matters to you, ask more questions of the insurance company, not just the agent. Agents can make mistakes (oh no-tell me it's not so!)

Okay-let's chat about the Secure Advantage plan. USHG comprehensive plan for wellness, sickness and accident. It is not a major medical plan. It is a specified disease policy. It does not cover everything-only the sicknesses listed in their policies, which is about 95% of them. Here are some exclusions I was unhappy to find:
1. ADD & ADHD
2. Mold or fungal infections
3. Autism
4. TMJ
5. Mental, nervous and emotional problems
6. Cirrhosis
7. Maternity (but you can layer it in)

Accident part-I did not see anything I have not seen before with all other policies.
Wellness is adequate, not an HMO-the client can pick their own coverage.

What I do really like is the layering aspect, that can insure a client from first dollar. I like that the client can customize their plan to suit them in more ways than I thought possible. I like that a client can say my budget is for $300 a month and I want the best coverage I can get for that. I like that their plans are copy written and cannot be duplicated. Their health plan have been dismantled in such a way as to give those poor unsuspecting folks with Obamacare another affordable option, when we put a policy back together for them.

I LOVE that they pay really well. Let's all face facts, we work to make a living.

Is there any such thing as perfect health insurance? Only if you are 65 and get a plan F. For those under 65, it is a horrible state of affairs, especially if you have ever had a hangnail.

What I plan to do with USHG (because I have to look at myself in the mirror everyday) is disclose, disclose, disclose. Tell my client-make sure you can live with any problems with any insurance. Tell them there is good and bad with all health insurance. I would rather walk away from a sale than hurt someone. And I know you all do not want to hear this, but it is better to have some insurance than none at all.

Can't wait to hear the responses to this post. In fact, I welcome them. Not sure why others do not like a good discussion-if we did not, why have a forum? All we would need is a place to post what we want to say.
In order to offer the value with reduced costs to the insured, USHealth Group devised coverage options based on the primary factors that cause financial devastation for an individual or small business. 60% of those forced to file for bankruptcy due to medical bills HAD INSURANCE COVERAGE! USHealth Group has excellent options to eliminate deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses for a newly-diagnosed critical illness or accident. They are not a "be everything to everyone" company that provides a one-size-fits-all set of policies that provides coverage that many people do not need or do not want. They set out to meet specific needs, and they successfully meet those needs. USHealth emphasizes choice--clients make well-informed decisions about what they want and need--they are not told what they want and need.
Hey guys...I am new to the insurance sales thing. I have spent my career in medical and dental sales and recently laid off. All the insurance companies are capturing my resume from Career Builder. I know nothing about insurance sales other than a friend of mine sells it and my cousin has a school. Is this a valid career and who is USHA and Liberty National and American Income Life. They are coming out of the woodwork and blowing up my email. Should I stay in medical/ dental sales or give insurance a try????
USHA has been here since 2006--we have over 15 million insured. USHealth Group has been here for 50 years--well-established and financially solid. We will be here for a long time coming. We are not a traditional insurance company, having been formed as a partnership with small businesses, self-employed and individuals, to meet very specific needs requested by those small businesses, self-employed and individuals.

Last edited:
Cigna great west must be the network being used. I've never read such company line crap before in my life. All fluff, no substance. Blah ba blah, ba blah......Let's get down to real anaylsis/comparison. Don't add on any accident/critical illness policies, we all have access to those:

Care to share with us what a $5000 deductible HSA plan with 100% coverage, including Rx would cost a 40 yr old non smoking male would be with US Health? You pick the zip code, and then share with us the price and zip code. Just make sure there are no limitations on that HSA plan that you quote.

Cigna great west must be the network being used. I've never read such company line crap before in my life. All fluff, no substance. Blah ba blah, ba blah......Let's get down to real anaylsis/comparison. Don't add on any accident/critical illness policies, we all have access to those:

Care to share with us what a $5000 deductible HSA plan with 100% coverage, including Rx would cost a 40 yr old non smoking male would be with US Health? You pick the zip code, and then share with us the price and zip code. Just make sure there are no limitations on that HSA plan that you quote.

its the network ppo I think..... its their 3rd party network that some discount cards use if memory serves me correctly... some other insurance company uses their network... is it Assurant? I cant recall

They still do have a couple of major med products I believe, however they are mostly pushing the limited benefit plans now.
USHealth offers comprehensive coverage that is customizable, pulling the good parts from major medical and eliminating the undesirable qualities of major medical, and offering excellent coverage options at lower costs. USHealth offers fixed indemnity products and tailored comprehensive coverage options.

Back